Cowboys @ Buccaneers! NFL 2021 Opening Night

lichtie23

9BAE41FB-977F-46F2-AC94-7952E6515BD5.png.98b58a82716a9b3753c46eaede939245.pngAfter what feels like an eternity the NFL Kickoff Game for the 2021 season arrives with the Dallas Cowboys facing the defending champion Tampa Bay Buccaneers to begin Week 1 of the regular season in the early hours of Friday morning. The Buccs will raise the banner in front of a sold out Raymond James Stadium after securing their 2nd Super Bowl title with a comfortable win over the Chiefs last season. A reminder that this is game 1 of 17 for these teams after the league added an extra game to the schedule from this season.

91DD3423-B237-4E36-982C-0298BF5E4EC1.jpeg.9ae80626c80415ed3ebfe416cba889ef.jpeg

Fans couldn’t ask for much more than two of the best quarterbacks in the NFL facing off to begin the 2021 season. Tom Brady is coming off his seventh Super Bowl win and still looking to prove himself by defying Father Time even more in his age-44 season. Dak Prescott put himself on track for a historic season in 2020, then a gruesome ankle injury wiped it away. While he missed the entire preseason due to a late injury, the Pro Bowl quarterback will look to prove he is worth that massive contract extension.

The Cowboys will be without their influential o-lineman Zack Martin who is suffering from Covid and won’t pass protocols before the opening game while the Buccs could be without Safety Jordan Whitehead. 

The game is live on Sky Sports with a 1.20am kickoff. The NFL is back gentleman! Let’s hope it’s a successful and uninterrupted season. 

Brady playing without a knee brace sounds like it is going to end well. Not sure what to think about this one, Buccs put in one of the best defensive displays I've seen in a long time in the Superbowl. Cowboys on the other hand tend to start well, get all excited about it being their year and then choke.  

34 minutes ago, lichtie23 said:

So who is staying up for it? 

More likely going to go to my scratcher and then get back up for it. Too many failed attempt to stay up for games last season ended in my only seeing the third quarter, so we'll try something different this season. 

Just now, Jimmy Shaker said:

More likely going to go to my scratcher and then get back up for it. Too many failed attempt to stay up for games last season ended in my only seeing the third quarter, so we'll try something different this season. 

Yea I’m thinking a pre game nap. Head to bed around 10 and get up at 1

7 hours ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Will have to support Brady I guess.

Warmed to him slightly after he lost to Da Bears and then knocked the Packers out in the playoffs.

I'm the same. he's now won a superbowl without Belachick cheating for him.

what I do hate now though are Bucs fans. for a team that haven't been relevant for a long long time they have turned into Pats fans overnight.

10 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

This…..a billion times over!

Iv not watched a second of Hard Knocks this year because it’s them on it 

you've missed some excellent TV.... for falling asleep to!! it is by far the worst series they have done. so sanitised. although i would recommend watching the drone footage of the training ground. that was amazing.