Raith v East Fife

steakngravy

34 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s Bene’s second yellow in the competition…I believe he’s now suspended for the next match.

Nope, clarified via the rules…we joined in Round Two, so he’s allowed three yellows.

1 minute ago, renton said:

Fairly low tempo half from Rovers, some f**k up from Bene for their goal. Nice free kick from Connolly after some good running.

It was an odd one from Bene. He got himself into trouble, and then looked to have turned away from the man and back into safety but he snatched at the pass away. Not like him. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Fairly low tempo half from Rovers, some f**k up from Bene for their goal. Nice free kick from Connolly after some good running.

Some listeners on RaithTV slating Bene as always the problem for us, mental.

Yeah, Bene occasionally plays close to the wind in terms of getting the ball to safety but that one today, I put down to our general casual attitude.

Edited by renton

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

It was an odd one from Bene. He got himself into trouble, and then looked to have turned away from the man and back into safety but he snatched at the pass away. Not like him. 

2 minutes ago, renton said:

Yeah, Bene occasionally plays close to the wind in terms of getting the ball to safety but that I put down to our general casual attitude.

So the argument I’m hearing from the haters is he’s at fault for about 40% of our conceded goals…let’s see, he’s one of two CB/CH in all but one of the matches, doesn’t seem that out of line. The reality, as you say, is that with our play style, we’ll have times that it doesn’t work. He’s far exceeded my expectations, as I was very afraid that Bene and Berra would be too slow in the Championship.

That was a lovely wee run from Mitchell that was only stopped by a body check that one of the Flyers would be proud of. 

I can't say I've seen enough of him to really judge on technical ability, but Arnott looks physically ready for senior football, which isn't a particularly common asset for players who've come through our academy system, in its various guises. 

51 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Barely had to get out of first gear today. 

Yeah an absolute stroll in the park with minimal effort expended and no obvious injuries other than Varian's cut. 

Connolly's goal was pretty much worth the entrance fee. Cracking free kick and almost another in the second half. 

Encouraging cameos from the young lads also. 

No doubt about the quality of Connolly's strike, but the East Fife wall was beyond belief.

We were right in line with it they could have put the whole squad in the wall and they still wouldn’t have got near it…cracking goal was in all the way.