Raith v East Fife

steakngravy

Will be watching the live updates on the way to Hampden. Selfishly, would have liked to have seen this moved to last night so I could have gone, but definitely not high priority particularly given the reward of winning is a midweek trip for the inevitable lose to Inverness. Mon the Rovers. 

Im sorry but this isn’t a midweek game and momentum is everything in football. I want us to go into every game looking for a win, especially against one of our local rivals (regardless of their size). The Ramsden cup final was an amazing day and i was gutted that our final with ICT was written off. A couple of changes expected but I wouldn’t welcome a large rotation from last weekend.
The next leg in Inverness or Elgin. Probably midweek. Fantastic.... Not. Having to pay to get in, fuel, not getting back until second half of Scotland game. Its a no thanks for me. If I hear that either Potplatnic or Varian are in the starting line up I think someone has to take McGlynn aside and have a quiet word on how he fucked up the transfers this year and rest them.

The only we can really lose today is picking up injuries or suspensions.  If other clubs play their youth teams in this cup it's hardly so important that we shouldn't treat it the same way.

And as if by magic the Rovers team is out… and we’re full strength.

Ffs.

I get that the squad is pretty bare, but I was hoping to see at least some rotation. At a minimum, I'd have rested Macdonald - still scarred from losing Lennox in a diddy cup game a few seasons ago. 

Similarly, Riley-Snow and Poplatnik should be starting. 

I suppose there's something to be said for consistency, but aye, I'd have pitched a couple of others into the starting line up.

I'm surprised that he's left Poplatnik out again, with this approach. 

Zanatta and Connolly look a little narrower than they've been of late, which I suppose you'd expect. More of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1.

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

That’s Bene’s second yellow in the competition…I believe he’s now suspended for the next match.

If the gaffer won’t give you a day off then you need to take matters into your own hands….

It’s murder trying to make out the numbers on those East Fife strips.

I suppose there's something to be said for consistency, but aye, I'd have pitched a couple of others into the starting line up.
I'm surprised that he's left Poplatnik out again, with this approach. 
Zanatta and Connolly look a little narrower than they've been of late, which I suppose you'd expect. More of a 4-3-3 than a 4-5-1.
That team today imo is stinking. A guy who has been mainly on the bench, scored two in the last game after coming on doesn't get a starting place. This is the perfect game to play Lang and young alongside Berra to help them on.