QP v A

46 minutes ago, bridgeofweirdo said:

Q.P. to go mental and stick 4 in the Airdrie net with no reply !!

Weirdo,  it looks like you and I harbour the same crazy dreams 🥳

We can but live in hope, somehow, I think this will be as tight as all our previous games against Airdrie this season.

It'll be interesting to see what kind of team takes to the field, given whatever possible covid, injuries and the gaffers ideas on how to beat Airdrie.

Looking at the table we've beaten 3 of the 4 teams immediately below us, with the exception of Montrose who we've still to play; and can only manage a draw with 3 of the bottom 4 teams, having still to play bottom club Peterheid.

So our achiles heel seems to be when we turn up expecting to win, as opposed to when we know we have a game on our hands and are made to perform.

Still, we're the only unbeaten team in the league, so, long may that continue.

It's the usual silence from Lesser, with no info on a likely pool of players to pick from. You can understand not wanting your opposition to know your top striker is injured or you're about to reintroduce a winger to rip your opposition to shreds; but some kind of drip feed of comings/goings and injuries wouldn't go amiss.

It's a nice change however, to be confronted with such problems; instead of wondering who'd be available after a hard morning at work or  a nightshift and only a few hours kip before the game. 

We really don't know how lucky we are to have come so far in such a short time. let's just enjoy it while it lasts.

Tonight I'd bite your hand off for a single goal win.

I will take an Airdrie win of any kind, ugly as sin I do not care. Hopefully we get the first goal then Murray has the brains to shut up shop with 20-30 minutes to go and we defend for our lives. I seen him saying in pre match interview we tired in the last game but to be honest our forwards and especially midfield have been run ragged last 20 minutes of every game. Huge game tomorrow, if we lose then Tuesday's game against Alloa will define our season. Looking forward to a terrible game but a win, similar to Dumbarton away last season.

44 minutes ago, Spiderer said:

We should have beaten this Clydebank mob at Firhill before and with more players available we should do the business today.

Use to enjoy Kilbowie when they played there

That's nice,  us Airdrie fans always enjoyed a trip to dear old Hampden Park,   that was back in the old co Queens Park days, if only you didn't sell your soul , aw well, that's life,   difficult game today against big spending now professional Queens Park , I am sure Hampden will be rocking,  oh sorry make that Firhill home of Partick Thistle,  look forward to the abuse at thec pgane......

2 - 1 the good guys

Murray’s award specifically mentioned scoring in all four games. Can’t ask anymore of him. Laurie’s set up for two holding and three attacking midfielders which has resulted in extended spells of dominance but those attackers should be weighing in with a few goals by now. Wingers hitting the line and cutting back to the penalty spot would make a difference, but much improvement needed with getting shots between the sticks. 

As DNA highlighted above, similar to my conclusion previously, we’re struggling to break down the teams who sit deep. The width at Firhill, plus a faster grass surface, will help with that as displayed v Dumbarton. I’d also like to see the two new ball players showing their skills and inspiring others. So I’m hopeful of a two-clear-goal win and some “aw yes” moments today. Could be a very good month.

2 hours ago, Passionate said:

That's nice,  us Airdrie fans always enjoyed a trip to dear old Hampden Park,   that was back in the old co Queens Park days, if only you didn't sell your soul , aw well, that's life,   difficult game today against big spending now professional Queens Park , I am sure Hampden will be rocking,  oh sorry make that Firhill home of Partick Thistle,  look forward to the abuse at thec pgane......

2 - 1 the good guys

Bitter bitter. Hope yous get burst😁

8 hours ago, Spiderer said:

We should have beaten this Clydebank mob at Firhill before and with more players available we should do the business today.

Use to enjoy Kilbowie when they played there

That old chestnut, haven't heard that for such a long time!

When did the amateurs ever play at Kilbowie (New Kilbowie) when they plied their trade in the bottom league?

That’s wasn’t Great at all. Had some decent spells throughout the first half but nothing to justify us deserving 3 points. Passing and decision making in the final 3rd often went astray and we just couldn’t seem to properly open up a stuffy Airdrie side, who in fairness defended when they needed to and despite his infuriating time wasting starting from the 1st half, Currie made a couple of cracking saves 

I can’t be the only one that’s bemused that Fox started on the bench again? The guy was first class once again today and for me could easily of been motm. From Ellis’s interview against Falkirk, it seems a tactical decision rather than something injury related

Fox, Thompson and Longridge top performers for me, with Gillies getting a notable mention aswell. Not convinced with Moore in the slightest and it was telling how much better Longstaff was when he came on 

Edited by qpfc

We have Scottish Football to thanks for that today, 3 times the teams have played so far this season,   ,  thought Airdrie player better today than last week in the Cup, we got to grips in the midfield with McGill and Frizzell stand outs,  we lack some quality in the final third,  still have players to return though....

in fairness Queen are a decent side,  happy with the point..

52 minutes ago, Rio 2 said:

That old chestnut, haven't heard that for such a long time!

When did the amateurs ever play at Kilbowie (New Kilbowie) when they plied their trade in the bottom league?

Played ES Clydebank in 1964 and 1965, then from 1966 to 1975 against Clydebank then 1981 last match against Clydebank 25 sep 1982