Jobs you would love to do

What jobs would you love to do but can't for whatever reason? 

I would think being a voice-over artist would be great. Get sent a script, read it out loud, get loads of money. Wouldn't even have to get out of bed. My thick Fife accent scuppers that one. 

I'd like to make wine, own a vineyard and all that goes with it. Not much chance of that happening in Scotland though.

Traffic warden would be great - handing out tickets to self-entitled c***s and watching the utter seethe. Unless it was commission based though, doubt if it pays enough. Mind you, I would pay them to let me give out fines to folk parking in disabled bays when they're not meant to. 

13 minutes ago, Brummie Clyde said:

Think I'd enjoy doing a job for the Opta Stats people, as I like doing spreadsheets about football.

Often thought acting seems really easy.

Don't kid yourself.  Acting is a very stressful profession.  Very few get a steady income from it and even some well known faces have also got a day job.

Just now, Mark Connolly said:

His role as a 5-a-side footballer wasn't particularly convincing

I think his employer would've been impressed by the effort.

1 minute ago, SlipperyP said:

I would love to be a wroter but my English is not up to scratch.

You absolutely have a Finnegan's Wake style novel in you.

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

I think his employer would've been impressed by the effort.

You absolutely have a Finnegan's Wake style novel in you.

100%, my bedtime stories with kids, go down a storm.  Like no c**t can get to sleep.

In all seriousness, I've been asked before by an Austrian woman to right some short stories, problem is I can't put them down on paper, I'm a much better talker.

Guest TheJTS98
2 hours ago, Newbornbairn said:

I would think being a voice-over artist would be great. Get sent a script, read it out loud, get loads of money. Wouldn't even have to get out of bed. My thick Fife accent scuppers that one.

I know a woman who does this type of work on the side for adult websites and erotic audiobooks. Quite often she'll put on her 'work voice' in the pub and it is magnificent.

Pro cyclist. Getting paid to train and then race in some famous races would be an absolute dream. I'm not built for TdF contention, so competing for one day classics would be my bread and butter. Fuckin love riding my bike.

Theatre actor. I reckon performing something that moves people would be class.

My pal operates a crane on Rosyth docks that is, I think, the largest crane in Europe. That's a cool job.

i already have the dream job, and i'm making loads of money and i don't even need to leave the house, just sign up and use the ''P&B'' voucher for 30% off the monthly fee of $9.99.....new content daily

247419078_R(10).jpg.44b02f3b76470228d86eb9c369fc0f4c.jpg.

Edited by Meldrew

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

Don't kid yourself.  Acting is a very stressful profession.  Very few get a steady income from it and even some well known faces have also got a day job.

i would've been happy with just the one shift, the title of the movie i don't recall but i would've been rolling about bare ersed with Ana De Armas, i would've accepted bru money and an extra tenner for that