Austria v Scotland

GordonS

I thought Alaba looked extremely dangerous for them. Cracking player and if one of his crosses was met then it would be a very different mood on here today. But all in all a very good away performance with some real standout performances. I’m gonna give Tierney a mention because Hanley and Hendry seem to be getting most the praise. In the opening 15 minutes where Austria were relentless he made a couple of cracking defensive headers. Much to be positive about for next month, can’t wait for a day in Glasgow followed by 90 minutes of gut wrenching tension 

SOD is fine defensively imo but it's utterly pointless him bombing on and Scotland trying to build down the right, given his delivery is probably the worst in recorded history.

46 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

I love a shithouse c**t of a striker, but it has to be backed up with some kind of gravitas. He thinks he's Ibrahimovic when, barring a handful of matches at Inter, the biggest club he's played for is West Ham. 

The goal he scored against Israel in their defeat was fantastic.  Anonymous against us, and otherwise a thoroughly unpleasant man.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

SOD is fine defensively imo but it's utterly pointless him bombing on and Scotland trying to build down the right, given his delivery is probably the worst in recorded history.

He forced a good save out of their keeper in the second half. Fair fucks to him.

Far better than that cnut Tokely your club used to employ. He was violent and abusive on and off the park.

I would say the best performances under Clarke have been against Serbia, the Dutch in a pre Euros friendly, England and last night. Unfortunately the first three great performances were followed up by some pretty shite performances and therefore whilst I am optimistic in looking to the Israel game, we have been here before under Clarke. I just hope this time it really proves to be a consistent upturn. 

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

He forced a good save out of their keeper in the second half. Fair fucks to him.

Far better than that cnut Tokely your club used to employ. He was violent and abusive on and off the park.

Did Tokely shag your dad or something?  Your 3 inch hard on for him is worrying.

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

Did Tokely shag your dad or something? 

Tokely into necrophilia too? He really is a fcukin twat.

Have you ever had a player in your club that has represented Scotland while still playing for ICT? 

SOD has done far better than most people would expect. Sure he has limitations, but that’s why he is with Motherwell.

We had injuries and he stepped in when needed. Well done SOD.

Just now, Yflab said:

Tokely into necrophilia too? He really is a fcukin twat.

Have you ever had a player in your club that has represented Scotland while still playing for ICT? 

SOD has done far better than most people would expect. Sure he has limitations, but that’s why he is with Motherwell.

We had injuries and he stepped in when needed. Well done SOD.

Yes.

2 hours ago, TheScarf said:

I think criticism of his delivery on last nights performance is valid given that two of the three crosses I can think off went nowhere.  That is not true in general though, he has assisted goals and created other chances that weren’t taken, he has also had shots on target in recent games while shots from others go astray.  He is measured by a different standard.

6 hours ago, yoda said:

Hinteregger has the look of someone who should be clogging about Borough Briggs or the Falkirk Stadium.

Definite Gary Kenneth vibes off of the big lad. Expect Craig Levein to announce him at Glebe Park in the winter transfer window.

Just watching the highlights again there on BBC iplayer. Good to see Steve Clarke’s interview.

I can’t wait for the next game so Steve Clarke is obviously doing something right. I think the last time I had any expectations from Scotland, prior to Clarke, was back around 2007 when McLeish was in charge. 40,000 for Moldova and a sell-out crowd for Israel shows the fans are buying into him too.

3 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I think the last time I had any expectations from Scotland, prior to Clarke.

What are you expecting? 👀😬 Pavarotti is a great addition to the McGinn video btw.

Edited by 2426255