Austria v Scotland

GordonS

Watched the highlights this morning. That penalty was lucky as f**k the keeper effectively jumped over it but who gives a f**k. 

We could have taken another 1 or 2 off them when we broke forward.

Austria look to have real problems an absute shambles in defence. 

Just now, pub car king said:

Watched the highlights this morning. That penalty was lucky as f**k the keeper effectively jumped over it but who gives a f**k. 

We could have taken another 1 or 2 off them when we broke forward.

Austria look to have real problems an absute shambles in defence. 

Bachmann was a total haddy last night.  I know Killie fans rave about him but fuck me, he was shite.  If he's their best keeper then no wonder they concede so many goals.

7 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He knew exactly what he was doing when he elbowed Billy Gilmour in the face. Red card all day. He also deliberately stuck his knee on Hanley's shoulder.

I thought he was dreadful last night. Like, he actively made Austria worse. And, as you say, could have gotten himself sent off for absolutely no reason. 

Very glad that 9 foot tall boy they had at hampden was injured. 

Dykes always goes down the middle. I was a bit unfair on him before as I thought he was just putting his foot through it, but he actually tries to disguise where he's going too, sometimes cutting across the ball and sometimes almost sweeping it like last night. Usually if a goalkeeper goes the right way with 'disguise' penalties then they tend to save them but the power Dykes gets on them makes that difficult. I still feel that Bachmann could've saved it if he had researched his penalties though.

Dykes always goes down the middle. I was a bit unfair on him before as I thought he was just putting his foot through it, but he actually tries to disguise where he's going too, sometimes cutting across the ball and sometimes almost sweeping it like last night. Usually if a goalkeeper goes the right way with 'disguise' penalties then they tend to save them but the power Dykes gets on them makes that difficult. I still feel that Bachmann could've saved it if he had researched his penalties though.

That would have been a complete waste of time. Going by some of the Austrian comments Scotland wouldn't have got anywhere near their box to receive such an award.

Whole team was excellent last night, we know O'Donnell and Dykes limitations but you absolutely cannot fault their commitment and the things they do well they probably do better than anyone else in the team, it's no coincidence that the team as a whole looks better with the two of them in it. Hendry is the other player you might have included in with the two of them from yesterday's starting lineup in the not quite top level category but thought he had a bit of a coming of age performance last night, if he can get a bit of a run at Club Brugge and keep playing like that he'll become undroppable.

Special GIRUY to Arnautovic, his headshot on Billy G was nasty and deliberate and the sort of thing football needs to be following the rugby protocol more closely on.

2 minutes ago, Virtual Insanity said:

Whole team was excellent last night, we know O'Donnell and Dykes limitations but you absolutely cannot fault their commitment and the things they do well they probably do better than anyone else in the team, it's no coincidence that the team as a whole looks better with the two of them in it. Hendry is the other player you might have included in with the two of them from yesterday's starting lineup in the not quite top level category but thought he had a bit of a coming of age performance last night, if he can get a bit of a run at Club Brugge and keep playing like that he'll become undroppable.

Special GIRUY to Arnautovic, his headshot on Billy G was nasty and deliberate and the sort of thing football needs to be following the rugby protocol more closely on.

Playing in the Champions League this season will bring on his game to the next level. What an experience for the boy playing against RB Leipzig, Man City and PSG. Can only be good for the national side. Very excited by the partnership he is beginning to form with Hanley. They both strolled it last night.

massive win! thought the whole team was brilliant. back 5 solid, midfield 3 worked there socks and were brilliant with the ball, Dykes and Adams caused loads problems for Austria.

Don't know why SOD gets so much stick like defensively sound and bombed on when he could, yes his final ball wasn't the greatest but he's been out of action for a month with covid (I believe) so thought the shift he put in was incredible given the circumstances. Patterson wouldn't of been near as good defensively last night. 

Billy Gilmour is just absolutely phenomenal.

The forward pairing of Dykes and Adams looks very promising and hopefully continues to grow.

Hanley has been fantastic since coming back into the team and will be a massive miss next month against Israel. 

Buzzing for the game next month now.. Come on the scots!! 

12 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Did I say that was my main takeaway? Just a point.

My main take away(s) are that Che Adams is phenomenal. Hanley will be a massive miss against Israel. Him and Hendry are becoming a really solid pairing.

I love Hanley, he's a monster at the back but I think we'll be fine with a back line of Hendry, Cooper and Tierney against Israel. 

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He knew exactly what he was doing when he elbowed Billy Gilmour in the face. Red card all day. He also deliberately stuck his knee on Hanley's shoulder.

Yip, a horrible egotistical c**t. Was pissing myself at him trying to calm down the raging Austria fans at the end. At 32 he probably won't make another World Cup. A wee shame. 

Last night was the kind of game where, in previous campaigns, we'd have managed a battling score-draw at best or routine 3-0 defeat at worst. For all that Austria applied most of the pressure after the goal, I never felt like we weren't in control after the penalty and we didn't concede any clear-cut chances. With a more clinical presence on the right and up front we'd have gubbed them on the counter. 

I'm still haunted by the ghosts of shite campaigns past, but it's refreshing to be going into the last few games without worrying about permutations or needing a stupidly good result against a top seed. 

10 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Yip, a horrible egotistical c**t. Was pissing myself at him trying to calm down the raging Austria fans at the end. At 32 he probably won't make another World Cup. A wee shame. 

I love a shithouse c**t of a striker, but it has to be backed up with some kind of gravitas. He thinks he's Ibrahimovic when, barring a handful of matches at Inter, the biggest club he's played for is West Ham. 

Enjoyed the first half not so much the second,great result but the performance deserved the second goal to finish the game off.
It's about time we produced a real team performance after the terrible first half against the Danes.
You could see 3 games in 6 days had an affect on both squads,3 different opponents 3 different ways to play.
The expectation is a wee bit higher now for the next 3 games hopefully Clarke and his squad can deliver.