Austria v Scotland

GordonS

Just now, Gordopolis said:
20 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:
Hanley very good tonight. My main concern with him is always his lack of pace but playing Tierney and Hendry (also excellent tonight) alongside in a 3 seems to offset that and definitely improves defensive distribution. Worth sticking with that back 3 in the future, fitness and form permitting?

Pace? That's clearly one of Hanley's assets.

Whenever I watch him play for the national team or Norwich he looks a couple of yards of the pace (and turns like an HGV), but I seem to be in the minority there, so fair fucks.

Not criticising his performance tonight btw - he was great and has been consistently good over the last few Scotland fixtures he's played in imo.

Boyd made a good point about us getting too down after defeats and too excited after victories.

Anyway, I've got Billy Gilmour, Lyndon Dykes and Paul McGinn as my 1,2,3 for the Ballon D'or, how about you ?

5 minutes ago, Jambomo said:

SOD isn’t the best but the criticism he gets is ridiculous. He does make mistakes but no more than anyone else, all the players are guilty at one time or another of losing their man, letting someone by them, stray passes etc.

He’s no worse than anyone else and I suspect a lot of the criticism comes  from the fact he plays for Motherwell rather than an EPL side.  

He is held to a different standard to others, I wonder if he will oust big Bevis from the team this weekend.

1 minute ago, Proposition Joe said:

Boyd made a good point about us getting too down after defeats and too excited after victories.

Anyway, I've got Billy Gilmour, Lyndon Dykes and Paul McGinn as my 1,2,3 for the Ballon D'or, how about you ?

It’ll be hard to ignore them after our World Cup victory

Whenever I watch him play for the national team or Norwich he looks a couple of yards of the pace (and turns like an HGV), but I seem to be in the minority there, so fair fucks.
Not criticising his performance tonight btw - he was great and has been consistently good over the last few Scotland fixtures he's played in imo.
I certainly think he's added pace (or quickness of thought) to his he since his first spell with the national team. He just looks so assured now.

2 minutes ago, Meeniedee said:

andy walker(think it was him) is a bit of a fucking cock is he not..constantly went on about scotlands penalty being "dubious" yet constantly goes on about players being perfectly entitled to go down in the box at the slightest touch.

Walker has always been a grade A w****r. 

27 minutes ago, For Your Pies Only said:

Hanley very good tonight. My main concern with him is always his lack of pace but playing Tierney and Hendry (also excellent tonight) alongside in a 3 seems to offset that and definitely improves defensive distribution. Worth sticking with that back 3 in the future, fitness and form permitting?

Hanley  is fucking rapid, what are you on about?

Edited by Rugster

I thought O’Donnell was shite in the summer against Czech Republic and Croatia but was really good against England and Austria.

The reason people think he’s not as good as other players in the team is that he’s inconsistent. If he played like he did tonight all the time he’d be playing for a better team than Motherwell.

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

I thought O’Donnell was shite in the summer against Czech Republic and Croatia but was really good against England and Austria.

The reason people think he’s not as good as other players in the team is that he’s inconsistent. If he played like he did tonight all the time he’d be playing for a better team than Motherwell.

He isn’t even playing for Motherwell

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Thing is he wasn't the worst against the Croats or Czech's but he was the only one being hounded by the fans.  

In fact he's never once been our worst player on the park, but has been countless times been up against the best of the opposition...