Austria v Scotland

GordonS

I thought it was a very solid performance. Defended very well and let's not f**k about here, Scotland had the better chances in the second half. For all the flannel from crocker on sky we were never "hanging on". 

I've watched Scotland play and you knew we were going to concede- but I didn't have that feeling tonight. 

1 minute ago, 101 said:

Kris Boyd is right (never thought I would say it) emotions get the better of us. Need to keep the head and ideally beat Israel and see off any slip up against the small teams in the group

I was thinking that as well. Odd to agree with Boyd.

21 minutes ago, welldaft said:

SODs is a decidedly average player imho. Has not even played that well for us.

BUT….

The abuse he has taken from (mainly) Rangers fans is beyond the pale. 

I recognise Patterson is looking like he will be our best right back for some time to come. No issues there. So no club allegiances. Just get behind all the players. 

A great result. Felt we played well for the most part. 

Patterson may be behind Ramsay by the end of the season.

20 minutes ago, welldaft said:

SODs is a decidedly average player imho. Has not even played that well for us.

For most of the night he was up against a guy who's won 10 Bundesliga titles, 2 Champions Leagues and has 92 Champions League appearances. Yet he wasn't run ragged, he stuck in there and defensively was on a par with Robertson on the other side.

You're right that he's average but I would still have strongly preferred him over a fully-fit Patterson tonight.

SOD isn’t the best but the criticism he gets is ridiculous. He does make mistakes but no more than anyone else, all the players are guilty at one time or another of losing their man, letting someone by them, stray passes etc.

He’s no worse than anyone else and I suspect a lot of the criticism comes  from the fact he plays for Motherwell rather than an EPL side.  

Hanley very good tonight. My main concern with him is always his lack of pace but playing Tierney and Hendry (also excellent tonight) alongside in a 3 seems to offset that and definitely improves defensive distribution. Worth sticking with that back 3 in the future, fitness and form permitting?
Pace? That's clearly one of Hanley's assets.