Austria v Scotland

GordonS

McGregor and Gilmour is our most technical midfield pairing in quite some time, superb to watch.

Gilmour himself is the most exciting player i've ever seen play for Scotland. His control, weight of pass, body shape when receiving the ball etc is a different level all together and really makes you see the difference between a very good player and an elite level player, i can't quite believe he's Scottish to be honest. There must be a lack of Playstations/no ball game signs in Ardrossan. 

SODs is a decidedly average player imho. Has not even played that well for us.

BUT….

The abuse he has taken from (mainly) Rangers fans is beyond the pale. 

I recognise Patterson is looking like he will be our best right back for some time to come. No issues there. So no club allegiances. Just get behind all the players. 

A great result. Felt we played well for the most part. 

3 minutes ago, Dons_1988 said:

How is that possibly your main takeaway from the game 😅

Did I say that was my main takeaway? Just a point.

My main take away(s) are that Che Adams is phenomenal. Hanley will be a massive miss against Israel. Him and Hendry are becoming a really solid pairing.

Most of those point have already been raised so I thought I would gauge opinions on another part of the game.

Edited by Scotty Tunbridge

1 minute ago, Fratelli said:

McGregor and Gilmour is our most technical midfield pairing in quite some time, superb to watch.

Gilmour himself is the most exciting player i've ever seen play for Scotland. His control, weight of pass, body shape when receiving the ball etc is a different level all together and really makes you see the difference between a very good player and an elite level player, i can't quite believe he's Scottish to be honest. There must be a lack of Playstations/no ball game signs in Ardrossan. 

If he turns out 1/10th of the player Xavi was then we are onto a winner. It's looking that way. 

Just now, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Did I say that was my main takeaway? Just a point.

My main take away(s) are that Che Adams is phenomenal. Hanley will be massive miss against Israel. Him and Hendry are becoming a really solid pairing.

They weren’t really a pairing though, since it was a back three with Tierney?