Austria v Scotland

GordonS

1 minute ago, Ric said:

The ref can't start the second half with a penalty from O'Donnell's arm, can he, because it's incredible that wasn't given.

Not a penalty for me. Both players arms were holding each other off and the Austria boy gave SOD a bit of a slap so he couldn’t see where the ball was falling.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

The ref can't start the second half with a penalty from O'Donnell's arm, can he, because it's incredible that wasn't given.

How would it be a penalty? It hits his sleeve (which was some sort of rule at some point) and his arm was pushed into the air by the Austrian player.

Just now, Cardle is Magic said:

Fun game.

Our decision making in the final third is infuriating.

Could win 3-0 or lose 3-1.

Whatever I did in a previous life to be punished with Andy Walker commentary, may I issue a sincere and heartfelt apology.

Better than that dick Crocker and his patronising pish.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

There were multiple subsequent stoppages, so that ship has definitely sailed.

I'm not entirely sure how dragging your opponent down by the throat then deflecting the ball away with your arm isn't a penalty, but it was a great decision by everyone involved IMO

Just now, The Golden God said:

There’s no chance it’s a penalty against O’Donnell, where else is his arm supposed to be?

I agree but his hand closes once it's across the boys body and I think it could have been given

3 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It's like BBC Alba on speed. My brother has reminded me that it was like this at Euro 2008, so happy to conclude this is Austria's fault.

I’d be almost certain that UEFA or FIFA will have hired a company to broadcast all the qualifiers so every chance it’s not an Austrian team involved.

2 minutes ago, Ric said:

It hit his arm but the Austrian guy also had his hand all over SODs face.  VAR thought there was nothing in it.