St Johnstone v Rangers, 11/09/21

12 hours ago, akuram said:

Morelos surely has get punished for his punch on Liam Craig after the penalty. Why did Liam try to take the ball from Roofe just stupid though.

I must have missed this punch, along with everyone else in Scottish fitba.  If Morelos had punched someone there would be around 500 pages on this thread by now. 

It could be argued that Craig feigned Injury to get a player sent off, if Morelos had done that....

6 minutes ago, bennett said:

It could be argued that Craig feigned Injury to get a player sent off, if Morelos had done that....

He literally did it in the first half but didn't even get a free kick for his pathetic drop to the ground holding his face.

Was back up and shouting at Collum within seconds.

5 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Not a proud moment for sure, but the way McCart ran in too it looks like there was a plan to try and get Morelos riled and sent off. Given Morelos's history, as a tactic it's neither awful nor necessarily worthy of horrendously cringeworthy emoji use. 

As it happened both Roofe and Rooney were more deserving of red than Morelos, in that order. 

Oh aye, no doubting it’s a legitimate tactic given his propensity for chaos, it just made Craig look a rather silly when it didn’t work.

I think it would’ve been rather harsh to send anyone off during the incident - I think the ref got it just about right, in fairness.

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

You'd certainly never see Morelos falling to the ground holding his face when someone squares up to him, that's for sure.

Morelos gets treated how he acts. He's regularly done the same to us so now gets it back. Same with Roofe who was, yet again, lunging in late on folk. It started yesterday but he'll now find himself on the end of some rough as f**k tackles as the season goes on.

Up to them if they have the brains/bottle to fight through it. Morelos had the brains yesterday to walk away, so fair play to him, but it'll happen most weeks to him.

I’m under no illusions that Morelos is a saint on the pitch, but that doesn’t mean what Craig done wasn’t embarrassing. I reckon he’d have hit the deck like that regardless of who steamed in.

18 minutes ago, Salt n Vinegar said:

What an embarrassment.  If they want to 'stand with the banned', I suggest they stand with them as far away from the grounds and from sane people as possible. 

Aye, not a great look at all.

Do people think if we somehow miraculously got rid of the bigot brothers from Scottish football that we wouldn't hear/see that type of racism at our clubs again?

I'd like to think we wouldn't but I'm not so sure.  I'm at the other end of the country where the nearest senior club is around 100 miles away and it's still full of knuckle dragging bigots. Can we not just pen them all into Glasgow or offer them settlement across the water?

6 minutes ago, AJF said:

I’m under no illusions that Morelos is a saint on the pitch, but that doesn’t mean what Craig done wasn’t embarrassing. I reckon he’d have hit the deck like that regardless of who steamed in.

Seems to have been a week of everyone telling Rangers fans to stop giving it the "aye but what aboot him" finishing off with fans of the opposition club - who were very vocal about it during the week - giving it the "aye but what aboot him". 

Confused Jim Carrey GIF

14 minutes ago, AJF said:

Craig is your standard "experienced" CM. Great at diving to win cheap fouls and playing the ref. Almost every team needs one. 

I don't know why he even got involved yesterday and I didn't like the dive (after seeing it back). I'd rather not see that but if he thinks it gives us a better chance to win then of course we'll see him do it again.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

Craig is your standard "experienced" CM. Great at diving to win cheap fouls and playing the ref. Almost every team needs one. 

I don't know why he even got involved yesterday and I didn't like the dive (after seeing it back). I'd rather not see that but if he thinks it gives us a better chance to win then of course we'll see him do it again.

100% agree. As you say, every team needs someone like that to mix things up.

By it’s nature the role brings added scrutiny so for every time it works out you’ll get the occasion where folk point and laugh.

Just now, Valentino Bolognese said:

Curious to know your views on the banners in the Ormond;

"Trial by Twitter"

"Scotland : police state"

In your opinion are these opinions widespread among the fan base? The anti-SFA singing was amongst the loudest of the afternoon.

Hard to say about the Trial By Twitter message without being at the match but the anti-police and anti-SFA messages have been prominent for years and are definitely widespread.

3 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Do people think if we somehow miraculously got rid of the bigot brothers from Scottish football that we wouldn't hear/see that type of racism at our clubs again?

I'd like to think we wouldn't but I'm not so sure.  I'm at the other end of the country where the nearest senior club is around 100 miles away and it's still full of knuckle dragging bigots. Can we not just pen them all into Glasgow or offer them settlement across the water?

Don't think it would disappear ovenight, but it would hasten the death spiral. Not all bigotry is OF-related but it certainly provides a fertile petri dish to help continue it.

I thought in real time and side on from the East Stand that Morelos had run in and smashed Craig in the face with both hands. Having seen it back tonight he is stupid and does run in with his hands up, but Craig throws himself down and Morelos doesn’t really make any kind of contact.
Quite why Rooney was booked is beyond me, he was hardly involved in the whole thing.
I think i was the only person in my section who thought it was a penalty. Muller slides in, doesn’t get the ball and clips Kent’s foot. It’s a penalty.

So you are saying there was contact. It certainly looks like it on the Twitter replay.

6 hours ago, tree house tam said:

Option B please.

Rather disheartening to see H&H podcast not calling out the singers of the famine song. Hopefully he calls them out as the clubs official media partner soon.

Over 30 hours later, still no response.
Such a sad but expected response from the podcast determined to weed out hate speech. [emoji17]