St Johnstone v Rangers, 11/09/21

Yeah, I was happy enough with that. My only criticism would be something I've mentioned a few times in previous weeks - the timing of substitutions. As soon as that Rangers penalty went in, they took real confidence from that and we started to look a bit overwhelmed. For me, that would have been the perfect time to bring on a couple of reinforcements instead of waiting until they'd gone in front.

7 minutes ago, akuram said:

Morelos surely has get punished for his punch on Liam Craig after the penalty. Why did Liam try to take the ball from Roofe just stupid though.

I thought in real time and side on from the East Stand that Morelos had run in and smashed Craig in the face with both hands. Having seen it back tonight he is stupid and does run in with his hands up, but Craig throws himself down and Morelos doesn’t really make any kind of contact.

Quite why Rooney was booked is beyond me, he was hardly involved in the whole thing.

I think i was the only person in my section who thought it was a penalty. Muller slides in, doesn’t get the ball and clips Kent’s foot. It’s a penalty.

3 hours ago, AJF said:

Caught another look at the aftermath of the penalty - Liam Craig is embarrassing 😂

Not a proud moment for sure, but the way McCart ran in too it looks like there was a plan to try and get Morelos riled and sent off. Given Morelos's history, as a tactic it's neither awful nor necessarily worthy of horrendously cringeworthy emoji use. 

As it happened both Roofe and Rooney were more deserving of red than Morelos, in that order. 

16 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Pleased with our performance. So many players out and a fringe St Johnstone side gave a strong rangers team a fright.  I guess 3 points is 3 points, but walking through rangers fans at the end of that match hugging and celebrating was bizarre. We were genuinely going into that with so many out and having just lost our two best players worried we were going to take 5 or 6. In the end we're disappointed to lose.

A lot of positives, we need players to step up and that's exactly what Michael O'Halloran did today.  Liam Craig was great at organising and keeping things going, and think Crawford is a good addition, a very forward thinking midfielder. Back 5 had occasional scares, to be expected, but overall were excellent. Rose to the occasion well.  Thought two of our best players of last season, Kane and Wotherspoon, struggled a bit today.

Decent Saints turnout for an OF fixture.

Good summary.  Thought Spoony looked off it a wee bit too,  but will put it down to only flying back Friday. 

3 hours ago, FrankChickens1 said:

Not a proud moment for sure, but the way McCart ran in too it looks like there was a plan to try and get Morelos riled and sent off. Given Morelos's history, as a tactic it's neither awful nor necessarily worthy of horrendously cringeworthy emoji use. 

As it happened both Roofe and Rooney were more deserving of red than Morelos, in that order. 

Didn't see Rooney do anything. 

7 hours ago, AJF said:

Caught another look at the aftermath of the penalty - Liam Craig is embarrassing 😂

You'd certainly never see Morelos falling to the ground holding his face when someone squares up to him, that's for sure.

Morelos gets treated how he acts. He's regularly done the same to us so now gets it back. Same with Roofe who was, yet again, lunging in late on folk. It started yesterday but he'll now find himself on the end of some rough as f**k tackles as the season goes on.

Up to them if they have the brains/bottle to fight through it. Morelos had the brains yesterday to walk away, so fair play to him, but it'll happen most weeks to him.

The most "embarrassing" part of the match was the Rangers fans staging photos for the club photographer at half time tbh.

Literally "pretend we've scored and you're celebrating" vibes as they all put their phones back in their pocket to stand, silently, with their mouths open and arms raised, to then go back to their phones when the photographer moved on 😂

The most "embarrassing" part of the match was the Rangers fans staging photos for the club photographer at half time tbh.
Literally "pretend we've scored and you're celebrating" vibes as they all put their phones back in their pocket to stand, silently, with their mouths open and arms raised, to then go back to their phones when the photographer moved on [emoji23]
Tinpot stuff.