St Johnstone v Rangers, 11/09/21

Only absolute morons are criticising Clark for the winner btw, no keeper on the planet either anticipates the shot there, nor stops it. Bend on the ball was incredible.

Took the shot in front of me. Kent the second he left it was in the net.

On another day, and without Collum as the ref we win that. Plenty of fight when needed. Need 3 points at Aberdeen now though.

Other keepers wouldn't be nearly 6 yards off their line with the ball about 22 yards from goal in a not too wide position. 

It's terrible positioning by Clark. It's a stunning strike but that shouldn't make Clark's primary school level goalkeeping go unnoticed. 

I wonder if Heart and Hand podcast will condemn the vile and sickening chants from the Rangers fans today. Can’t be hypocritical when it comes to cancel culture.

Did anyone else hear a chorus of boos from the North Stand when the players took a knee? Sickening.

3 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

Other keepers wouldn't be nearly 6 yards off their line with the ball about 22 yards from goal in a not too wide position. 

It's terrible positioning by Clark. It's a stunning strike but that shouldn't make Clark's primary school level goalkeeping go unnoticed. 

Screenshot_20210911-145542_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8831898c3794b78a0106791dec5f85c3.jpg

His positioning is absolutely fine there, where are you claiming he should be considering everyone in the ground except Tavernier is expecting him to cross it?

It was an unbelievable striker that has both bends a huge amount but also dips. It happens.

9 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Did anyone else hear a chorus of boos from the North Stand when the players took a knee? Sickening.

Yeah it was thankfully drowned out by applause.

Of course it's just the "minority" remember. Same as the ones singing all the usual tunes, that was just the "minority", who were based in 3 stands and made up 100% of their fans in attendance.

2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

shocked wide eyed GIF

I've only seen it live tbh, but been told it was the right decision as Muller lunged in.

Another lesson learned for him I guess.

Pleased with our performance. So many players out and a fringe St Johnstone side gave a strong rangers team a fright.  I guess 3 points is 3 points, but walking through rangers fans at the end of that match hugging and celebrating was bizarre. We were genuinely going into that with so many out and having just lost our two best players worried we were going to take 5 or 6. In the end we're disappointed to lose.

A lot of positives, we need players to step up and that's exactly what Michael O'Halloran did today.  Liam Craig was great at organising and keeping things going, and think Crawford is a good addition, a very forward thinking midfielder. Back 5 had occasional scares, to be expected, but overall were excellent. Rose to the occasion well.  Thought two of our best players of last season, Kane and Wotherspoon, struggled a bit today.

Decent Saints turnout for an OF fixture.

24 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20210911-145542_Chrome.thumb.jpg.8831898c3794b78a0106791dec5f85c3.jpg

His positioning is absolutely fine there, where are you claiming he should be considering everyone in the ground except Tavernier is expecting him to cross it?

You literally post a picture of how terrible his positioning is. 

I mean, look at where he's stood. 

He’s three to four yards off his line and on the correct side of the goal. I can’t imagine where you think he should have been that would have been better, or would have made any difference to that goal.

I feel better about the rest of the season after that. The structure was still there and we managed to prevent Rangers from really playing through us at all today. Vertainen looks a confident lad - attempting a long range overhead kick with his first touch in Scottish football. Brown did well at centre back and that made a huge difference allowing Rooney to play in his best position.

That Calvin Bassey character is an absolute impostor.

I'm all for blaming Clark for almost everything but that goal isn't his fault. He should've saved that sclaffed cross at Tannadice well before he saved that one today. Folk should be pressing Tavernier before he has time to take the shot, that's true but you have to say the boy who hit it  hit it well and you just need to applaud the strike. Shanklands effort I was annoyed at, he should have had that covered.

23 minutes ago, Mr. Alli said:

You literally post a picture of how terrible his positioning is. 

I mean, look at where he's stood. 

What? He stood a couple of yards off his line and couple of yards inside his near post, are you expecting him to be stood in the centre of the goal and on his line or something?

Either that or its you've only seen the one angle that makes it look worse. 

Really pleased with virtually everything today bar the result obviously.

Will highlight the communication between the back three, they didn't get dragged about all all, very encouraging. 

Performances are all that really matter in the autumn, they paint a far truer picture of the type of season you'll have and other than the United game (where we should have changed more players), the standards have been pretty decent. The results will come, they always have over the past decade.