St Johnstone v Rangers, 11/09/21

19 minutes ago, tree house tam said:

It's certainly not what any fan would do but coaching badges can put the biggest blinkers on some folk, which is why I don't really know what to expect tbh.

Yeah I've zero idea what to expect here, could be anything and I'm not sure there a "right" answer to it tbh.

1 hour ago, tree house tam said:

I think he will put Muller in CM ahead of an unfit Gilmour. Back 4 of Brown right, either Rooney or Booth beside McCart and Devine on left. Muller sitting with Craig, any of the attacking 3 ahead of them with Kane up top.

I don't think he will play Muller CM nor do I see CD going with back 4  instead of his tried and trusted System 

I can see back 3 of Rooney Muller and Mcart  with slight possibility of Dennonker instead of Rooney 

Some will say to young players but they have to show they are up to it 

We will see though I could be miles out

4 minutes ago, Costanza said:

What's up with Muzz?  Must have missed that amongst all the other good news.  

Courier reported a "shoulder injury"

Game is only going one of 2 ways, an absolute pumping or a late Rooney header to win.

While I'm not sure much is expected of Saints, it is a great opportunity for guys like Gilmour and Muller.

I'd maybe not throw in any of the other younger guys like Balentine etc as a total hammering can be hard for some to come back from Aaron Comrie being an example.

I think we will go 4 at the back and Muller and McCart will be the middle 2. Sort of depends on how Dondonker has looked in training.

7 hours ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm not sure where the pessimism from the saintees is coming from.  We haven't been anywhere near our best so far this season.

A makeshift defence.

Or a defence with zero experience other than McCart.

Or a defence with a bit more experience but includes Rooney who can't concentrate for 90 minutes.

A makeshift midfield.

We can't score goals.

Our most potent attacker belongs to Sevco and won't be playing. 

"Seven or eight" players missing this game for us according to a journalist today.

Gordon, Bryson, Davidson, MacPherson we know are out. Wotherspoon the "maybe" due to his travel situation?

Then another three on top of that somewhere.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

"Seven or eight" players missing this game for us according to a journalist today.

Gordon, Bryson, Davidson, MacPherson we know are out. Wotherspoon the "maybe" due to his travel situation?

Then another three on top of that somewhere.

Including Middleton?

Positives: We can't finish the weekend bottom of the table, and we're likely first game on Sportscene so can switch off after that.

Think Spoony will play but maybe not start, looks like he's only played 20 minutes in the internationals. If he slept on the flight he'll be OK. 

Clark

Brown Rooney Muller McCart Booth

Ballantyne Craig

MOH Kane May

4-3 Saints

Vertainen debut hat-trick off the bench, Kane injury time winner (Clark assist)

Despite the injuries there are still options for the manager and that should be a positive but with the new faces, I just feel there is more opportunity to get this wrong.

A worry for me, without knowing what type Dendoncker is, is that the central role in the back three is so important for us. It's like the guy line that keeps the shape in place and we lose so much without Gordon there; even Kerr struggled a bit with it. I look at Rooney or Muller (or McCart) and I'm not filled with confidence.

As well as needing Gordon on a new, long-term deal, with probably need better cover in the squad for that specific position. Hopefully it can be Dendoncker for this season. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

without knowing what type Dendoncker is

Won't pretend I've seen a lot of him, but from clips of his last 3/4 games for Brightons U23s he seems to have played almost exclusively on the right of the back 3.

Took a few risks on the ball.