St Johnstone v Rangers, 11/09/21

1 hour ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Many of the 'away' support won't have to travel far.

Similar boat for me. More likely to be at a midweek evening game in Dingwall than a home game against the OF. You can't take kids to the games either. 

A young kid has no idea what the Bigots are singing about. I genuinely think some people probably use the "will someone think of the poor kids" argument as an excuse not to go, as it's generally not been much fun watching Saints play against the Old Firm in recent years. I've never had any issue with kids at games against the Old Firm. I take my son and two nephews - all under 10 - and they seem to enjoy it more than I do. Bigger crowd, more noise etc. Until we get pumped, then they get a bit upset! 

My old man always used to take me as well when I was a kid and it was brilliant when we managed to beat them or draw with them. The only issue I've ever had in 35+ years watching Saints against the Old Firm has been a car window getting smashed and car paintwork getting scratched at Parkhead. I've had more issues with drunk Aberdeen fans at games at McDiarmid than Old Firm fans.  

4 hours ago, Forever_blueco said:

Is this basically Scotland’s charity shield game on Saturday 

Well Aberdeen fans still claim a major European honour for a glorified friendly against Hamburg, so why not…

But not this match. We’re not ready for this to be the charity shield.  

If we draw each other in the cup then let’s make that the one, as run of the mill league games just don’t do much for us. We’re a cup side.

Midfield options are interesting for us for this, it looks like.

Davidson, Bryson, MacPherson all injured, Wotherspoon unlikely to play due to Internationals. Leaves us with Craig, Gilmour, Ali Crawford and Cammy Ballantyne as CM options.

Dendoncker/Muller might be able to step in, but we've only got McCart, Muller and Dendoncker fit as natural CB options.

9 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Midfield options are interesting for us for this, it looks like.

Davidson, Bryson, MacPherson all injured, Wotherspoon unlikely to play due to Internationals. Leaves us with Craig, Gilmour, Ali Crawford and Cammy Ballantyne as CM options.

Dendoncker/Muller might be able to step in, but we've only got McCart, Muller and Dendoncker fit as natural CB options.

And no Middleton either.

59 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I'm not sure where the pessimism from the saintees is coming from.  We haven't been anywhere near our best so far this season.

From our strongest line up at the start of the season we're likely to 6 players down, with another 1 unlikely to be played in their strongest position.

Jamie McCart is our only natural CB with more than 5 senior appearances, while Liam Craig is our only natural CM option, unless we play David Wotherspoon, who doesn't arrive back in the country until Friday, or Charlie Gilmour who I'm not sure is fit yet and has played about 2 minutes of competitive football this season.

14 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Time for Charlie Gilmour to announce himself, IMO.

I think he will put Muller in CM ahead of an unfit Gilmour. Back 4 of Brown right, either Rooney or Booth beside McCart and Devine on left. Muller sitting with Craig, any of the attacking 3 ahead of them with Kane up top.