St Johnstone v Rangers, 11/09/21

Bounce game in the early part of the week which will give the four new signings a chance to play, plus presumably Parish, Devine, Denham, Gilmour, Ballantyne, Northcott etc... 

That'll hopefully give the manager a clearer indication of who is ready for Saturday and who isn't.

If we’re going 3-5-2 then I’d like to see him swap Brown for Rooney, we lose too much from Rooney not being on the wing for my liking.

Zander must be on cloud 9 after being involved with Scotland, which gives me concern he’s overdue a clanger though.

Eetu is in line to start and I’m looking forward to seeing that.

Genuinely think we've charged Rangers fans £30 for this, while allowing home fans in for £20 if they buy through a season ticket holder 😂

Shit will hit the fan when Rangers fans cotton on.

I’m in Dumfries on Saturday morning, so chances of making this are slim, but if I do some RG style speed driving you just never know. 

Either way it’ll be interesting to see what happens in this game. I don’t think we’ve got a squad of players who’ll mope and sulk, so I’d like to see some new faces step up and perform. Spoony, May, Rooney, etc could do with finding some form and quickly for our sake. 

1 hour ago, Radford said:

Saints can't do much more here. Reduced away allocation by 40% (someone can do maths on lost ticket revenue) and set home ticket price at £20.

Really hope fans respond to this. What more do folk want, if this isn't enough?

I want/need the day off work 

Saints can't do much more here. Reduced away allocation by 40% (someone can do maths on lost ticket revenue) and set home ticket price at £20.
Really hope fans respond to this. What more do folk want, if this isn't enough?

Agreed. I can’t go but would have if I was free. I hope the club market the prices and the game like they have for the European games.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Genuinely think we've charged Rangers fans £30 for this, while allowing home fans in for £20 if they buy through a season ticket holder 😂

Shit will hit the fan when Rangers fans cotton on.

I seen it raised on Twitter but it seems to be a promotion clubs have opted to do before to get around the SPFL rules. If it was simply a public sale then it would be a different matter, I suppose.

36 minutes ago, AJF said:

I seen it raised on Twitter but it seems to be a promotion clubs have opted to do before to get around the SPFL rules. If it was simply a public sale then it would be a different matter, I suppose.

I just enjoy the meltdown you get from Rangers fans whenever we charge £30 tbh.

There's a couple absolutely raging we've "slashed" their allocation and we'll be "begging them to fill the ground like usual soon", despite the fact they've been given the East Stand once in the past decade, and the allocation on Saturday is the usual amount.

The mind boggles.

2 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

There's a couple absolutely raging we've "slashed" their allocation and we'll be "begging them to fill the ground like usual soon", despite the fact they've been given the East Stand once in the past decade, and the allocation on Saturday is the usual amount.

The mind boggles.

Why shouldn't saints do some sort of promo. The reality is,for a host of reason, that this and their cousins across Glasgow are the lowest home support for games we get each season.

I think there was a christmas game v Rangers that was up because of the time of year, but I recall that something like 40% of season ticket holders don't turn up for these games.

Combination of game being on TV and kick off times etc, but also, as much as they will hate to hear it, for other fans, quite frankly Rangers and Celtic are not much of a draw domestically. 

Edited by Theyellowbox

I stopped going to old firm matches at Mcdiarmid after having a bottle thrown at me by Celtic fans on Newhouse road.

This’ll be the first one I’ve went to in about 5 years and to tell you the truth I’m not looking forward to the off field antics that’ll follow one half of the old firm coming to town.

46 minutes ago, mizfit said:

I stopped going to old firm matches at Mcdiarmid after having a bottle thrown at me by Celtic fans on Newhouse road.

This’ll be the first one I’ve went to in about 5 years and to tell you the truth I’m not looking forward to the off field antics that’ll follow one half of the old firm coming to town.

Many of the 'away' support won't have to travel far.

Similar boat for me. More likely to be at a midweek evening game in Dingwall than a home game against the OF. You can't take kids to the games either. 

1 hour ago, RandomGuy. said:

The mind boggles.

You'd think that they'd be used to it by now given that Rangers (and Celtic) fans have had to pay more than your average fan to attend football matches for the last X amount of decades.

Folk just like a moan when in reality it's always been the case.

6 minutes ago, Valentino Bolognese said:

Many of the 'away' support won't have to travel far.

I live pretty close but know a Rangers fan who lives even closer. Don't think he'll be at the game either.

4 minutes ago, AJF said:

You'd think that they'd be used to it by now given that Rangers (and Celtic) fans have had to pay more than your average fan to attend football matches for the last X amount of decades.

Folk just like a moan when in reality it's always been the case.

I honestly think you've a section of fans who never go to any games but just moan endlessly about being "ripped off".