St Johnstone v Rangers, 11/09/21

Not a great time for this fixture from a Saints perspective.  Just sold two of our best players, another centre half is out injured, Middleton is ineligible to play, and Wotherspoon has an international match with Canada in the early hours of Thursday morning.

This will be the most makeshift of teams, and the match is live on tv.

Keep the score respectable, get minutes into the new signings, and move onto the next match.  A draw would be tremendous.

Unless E2 starts, then it'll be 3-0 Saints.

Clark

Brown Rooney Muller McCart Booth

Davidson    Craig   Wotherspoon

O'Halloran    Kane

In truth, I haven't a clue how we'll set up. I'd personally leave Rooney RWB to get us up the park, but I think Callum will want experience in the back three.

1 hour ago, PauloPerth said:

Clark

Brown Rooney Muller McCart Booth

Davidson    Craig   Wotherspoon

O'Halloran    Kane

FemaleDaringAmericanriverotter-max-1mb.gif.bf2c6c34c5a1d1c689e9d61a60066ebb.gif

52 minutes ago, PauloPerth said:

I’m happy to see it introduced, but I’m just not sure this is the match for too much experimentation. 

Clark

Rooney - Muller - McCart - Devine

MOH - Bryson - Davidson - Wotherspoon

Kane - Vertainen 

Bollocks out time. So crazy it might just work.

Edited by RandomGuy.

@RandomGuy. will have access to more extensive data but Vertainen doesn't look like he plays off the right for me. Important, I think, he gets off to a good start, so playing him where he's comfortable is vital in that sense.

1577245874_Screenshot_20210905-0736432.thumb.jpg.ce8408ac6a42c90393ecbf9797f5391f.jpg

We actually competed fairly well with Rangers in all the games last season but made bad errors to let a couple of the games run away from us.

Given the upheaval of the last few weeks though, that could obviously be a challenge this time round.

33 minutes ago, Radford said:

@RandomGuy. will have access to more extensive data but Vertainen doesn't look like he plays off the right for me. Important, I think, he gets off to a good start, so playing him where he's comfortable is vital in that sense.

1577245874_Screenshot_20210905-0736432.thumb.jpg.ce8408ac6a42c90393ecbf9797f5391f.jpg

We actually competed fairly well with Rangers in all the games last season but made bad errors to let a couple of the games run away from us.

Given the upheaval of the last few weeks though, that could obviously be a challenge this time round.

Screenshot_20210905-082649_Chrome.jpg.b2644068aa031a2ca85a91eb51f72515.jpg

That's his career heat map just lifted straight off WyScout.

The only have one game recored as him playing as a RW, but theres plenty where he's listed as playing central but seems to have spent a lot of time on the right, if that makes sense.

25 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Screenshot_20210905-082649_Chrome.jpg.b2644068aa031a2ca85a91eb51f72515.jpg

That's his career heat map just lifted straight off WyScout.

The denser yellow sections, would they be where you'd expect a centre forward to be showing up, or does it likely mean he plays deeper? Obviously the tactics of his team are an influence I accept. 

3 minutes ago, Radford said:

The denser yellow sections, would they be where you'd expect a centre forward to be showing up, or does it likely mean he plays deeper? Obviously the tactics of his team are an influence I accept. 

This is Kanes last season, for context.

Screenshot_20210905-090010_Chrome.jpg.d8127a08ec2a8e76014bfe70774772b5.jpg

They seem pretty similar?

Going to miss this game because some idiot I know decided to have a wedding.

McGregor/Tavernier/Goldson/Balogun/Bassey/Davis/Kamara/Aribo/Roofe/Morelos/Wright

Would be nice to see Ryan Jack approach something close to fitness soon.