Jump to content

The food/drink you loved as a kid but never eaten/drank as an adult.


Ric
 Share

Recommended Posts

10 hours ago, Tynierose said:

See the source image

These ^^^

image.jpeg.9b07271b8929822207763fb30ab45107.jpeg

these ^^^  and…

image.jpeg.c063420866f3f578ff2d8454aa0ae4ff.jpeg
 

these ^^^

All still available in a supermarket near you - That’s if you’ve ever got over the 3rd degree burns and sore,  swollen, blistered lips that 10 year old you suffered from the spurting of searing lava-like mince/puree/jam from the aforementioned products. 
 

No idea if the following are still available but I remember them being wonderfully strong and vinegary.
image.thumb.jpeg.b50a54cda7620053ee222bd335312d9d.jpeg 

No idea if these are still a thing, but on many a hungover Sunday night I have craved a multipack of these. 

 

Edited by 8MileBU
Link to comment
Share on other sites

header-fish-sticks.thumb.jpg.e724598db34f7e0951de460066fd15db.jpg

 

I was virtually brought up on mince, tinned meatballs and fish fingers (not at the same time) but I've hardly touched a fish finger since. About 20 years ago I had a sudden hankering and tried them again - awful, yeuch. Stinking  grey "fish" bits and what may have been sawdust. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Were you going through a hard time back then?

just trying to educate a fellow P&Ber. however i doubt 70's dog food with its bone meal was that much worse than the campbell's meatball i used to love

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

just trying to educate a fellow P&Ber. however i doubt 70's dog food with its bone meal was that much worse than the campbell's meatball i used to love

Aye, too much goes to waste these days. Animal slurry and bone fragments never done me any harm.

Biafrans would thank you for it.

(Biafra, famine ravaged area, before Bob Geldof's time.)

Edited by Sergeant Wilson
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 8MileBU said:


image.thumb.jpeg.b50a54cda7620053ee222bd335312d9d.jpeg 

No idea if these are still a thing, but on many a hungover Sunday night I have craved a multipack of these. 

 

i'm that wee bit older than you then.....

 

6b52ea6496b4c9dffe83d8fbf418d398.jpg.fd433a7b6309eee9922528f8891b54f4.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

header-fish-sticks.thumb.jpg.e724598db34f7e0951de460066fd15db.jpg

 

I was virtually brought up on mince, tinned meatballs and fish fingers (not at the same time) but I've hardly touched a fish finger since. About 20 years ago I had a sudden hankering and tried them again - awful, yeuch. Stinking  grey "fish" bits and what may have been sawdust. 

I hadn't ate fish fingers for years until the young lad we fostered wanted them. I thought they weren't too bad (a recurring phrase of mine in relation to this thread) and still have them now and again, usually with chips and peas/sweetcorn.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...