The food/drink you loved as a kid but never eaten/drank as an adult.

Ric

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
5 hours ago, Iminavest said:
Haven't seen one in years.

DZ4j0dyXcAAJnB4.jpg.07a93ea183ee366a9a1e04c8f96365c1.jpg

Discontinued and Barr never owned the recipe to them. Gone forever unfortunately.

You still get them under the guise of "Oor Wullie Iron Brew" bars. 

5 hours ago, grumswall said:
7 hours ago, Iminavest said:
Haven't seen one in years.

DZ4j0dyXcAAJnB4.jpg.07a93ea183ee366a9a1e04c8f96365c1.jpg

Discontinued and Barr never owned the recipe to them. Gone forever unfortunately.

Was there not a story about a once famous Scottish model who tried to sue the makers of these because she was addicted to them and they took the enamel off her teeth? Although IIRC a worse trauma for her was that Marti Pellow was winching her.

On 04/09/2021 at 10:54, hk blues said:

image.jpeg.766ad68c6fc14ec2266790882f302f1a.jpeg

Nuclear levels of heat from these, and they looked like something your cat had brought up.  Loved them.  

On 04/09/2021 at 11:31, welshbairn said:

Thought you could still buy them but turns out they were discontinued in 2015. Why would they do such a thing, they were a perfect half way point between a snack and a meal.

You can definitely still buy these.

Just now, Mallo_Madrid said:

Possibly. I've seen them in the likes of B&M so you might not be far wrong. I'm sure I've seen them in Tesco's as well though.

Might be a knock-off copy.  According to Heinz they stopped making them in Feb 2015.  A quick Google shows posts that B&M do indeed still stock them but these posts are ancient and Heinz themselves say Non.  

Who Knows?

I loved a slice of Battenberg when I was wee, but I still do, so that's disqualified.
I loved a Rum Baba too - very fashionable in the Eighties, it seemed, as you could get them everywhere. Would always have one when we stopped at the Woolworths cafe. Haven't seen them since I was a kid, but I'm pretty sure I'd still love them.
Rum baba's in Naples are absolutely amazing, sold in every cafe and bakery.

33 minutes ago, sergie's no1 fan said:

Made the mistake of telling my gran I liked Turkey twizzelers, 7 weeks worth during the school summer holidays later and I never wanted to see,taste or smell them ever again.

That was about 20 years ago, they are back on supermarket shelves 🤢🤢🤢

We - me, my brother and two of my cousins - gorged ourselves on Tunnocks Caramel Wafers after (at least) a box of them ended up in the house, this was late 50s early 1960.

I was only able to start eating them again a couple of years ago.