The food/drink you loved as a kid but never eaten/drank as an adult.

Ric

image.png.b9881fcd3f163c15008e4693d7e751cb.png

My mate in primary school stole a whole box of these from the shop and shared them about. Before the age of 10 'sour purple' was probably the best flavour in the world and I was hooked on this shite, but I imagine ISIS are pouring less acidic stuff down people's throats these days.

I also liked blue Powerade and those blue ice poles that were about 20p and the size of truncheons. My insides are probably still stained from all this stuff.

3 hours ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I used to love a beef paste sandwich. I think it was a different jar in my day.

Looks minging now though.

image.jpeg.1802b3ad5310c2015cf7e032f5928f22.jpeg

Still partial to a paste piece to this day. Chicken and ham though.

58 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The beef was better than the chicken.

Liar.

33 minutes ago, AMMjag said:

image.png.b9881fcd3f163c15008e4693d7e751cb.png

My mate in primary school stole a whole box of these from the shop and shared them about. Before the age of 10 'sour purple' was probably the best flavour in the world and I was hooked on this shite, but I imagine ISIS are pouring less acidic stuff down people's throats these days.

I also liked blue Powerade and those blue ice poles that were about 20p and the size of truncheons. My insides are probably still stained from all this stuff.

Blue sweets and drinks mean green jobbies.

I alwys put these in threads like this, apologies if they have already appeared, but they were absolutely amazing, you cant get them anymore. and they are the undisputed king of thermonuclear, mouth scalding heat retention

Campaign to Bring Back PIZZA-ROLLA at BringItBack.com : Food : 13 signatures

Edited by Bairnardo

34 minutes ago, hk blues said:

image.jpeg.766ad68c6fc14ec2266790882f302f1a.jpeg

Nuclear levels of heat from these, and they looked like something your cat had brought up.  Loved them.  

Thought you could still buy them but turns out they were discontinued in 2015. Why would they do such a thing, they were a perfect half way point between a snack and a meal.

44 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Thought you could still buy them but turns out they were discontinued in 2015. Why would they do such a thing, they were a perfect half way point between a snack and a meal.

Think you've answered your own question there.

It's amazing how many products I've "loved" that have been discontinued for years without me noticing  :lol:

I was a fussy child (thank f**k I grew out that!). Tinned ravioli and meat paste have been posted but another one I ate possibly every night for a year was Pizza Fingers! 
lfAAnCzI_400x400.jpg.0b858c67216237a52075376f3ae88b99.jpg

These were absolutely amazing. Used to get them for £2 at the local petrol station for lunch at school.

Would regularly sit in class after lunch using water to soothe the scalded roof of my mouth.

5 hours ago, BFTD said:

Think you've answered your own question there.

It's amazing how many products I've "loved" that have been discontinued for years without me noticing  :lol:

That's because we get married and our wives give us proper food...

I used to get a square sausage supper from  my local chippy when I was younger  .never had one since .never even seen them on a menu of a chip shop .also at school it was dolly beads and irn bru bars .

I remember the school banning dolly beads because someone got a sore ping too the eye with them .you could fair get a fair shot from them .

15 hours ago, SweeperDee said:

They’ve been back a while now but the original version was delicious, albeit abysmal for your arteries. Can’t say I’ve tried the new version.

blbIMG_5422.jpg

Must admit, I did try the new version a good wee while back.... they were not the same.  Bloody Jamie Oliver.

7 hours ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I used to get a square sausage supper from  my local chippy when I was younger  .never had one since .never even seen them on a menu of a chip shop .

I have no idea where to even begin with this post.

Shandy.  

One day, I asked my dad if I could just have the half glass of beer without the lemonade as there would be no difference in the volume of alcohol I was being given.  Didn't take long before I just got given a whole tin along with the instructions "don't tell your mother".