The food/drink you loved as a kid but never eaten/drank as an adult.

Ric

10 hours ago, Tynierose said:

See the source image

These ^^^

image.jpeg.9b07271b8929822207763fb30ab45107.jpeg

these ^^^  and…

image.jpeg.c063420866f3f578ff2d8454aa0ae4ff.jpeg

these ^^^

All still available in a supermarket near you - That’s if you’ve ever got over the 3rd degree burns and sore,  swollen, blistered lips that 10 year old you suffered from the spurting of searing lava-like mince/puree/jam from the aforementioned products. 

No idea if the following are still available but I remember them being wonderfully strong and vinegary.
image.thumb.jpeg.b50a54cda7620053ee222bd335312d9d.jpeg 

No idea if these are still a thing, but on many a hungover Sunday night I have craved a multipack of these. 

Edited by 8MileBU

header-fish-sticks.thumb.jpg.e724598db34f7e0951de460066fd15db.jpg

I was virtually brought up on mince, tinned meatballs and fish fingers (not at the same time) but I've hardly touched a fish finger since. About 20 years ago I had a sudden hankering and tried them again - awful, yeuch. Stinking  grey "fish" bits and what may have been sawdust. 

31 minutes ago, Meldrew said:

just trying to educate a fellow P&Ber. however i doubt 70's dog food with its bone meal was that much worse than the campbell's meatball i used to love

Aye, too much goes to waste these days. Animal slurry and bone fragments never done me any harm.

Biafrans would thank you for it.

(Biafra, famine ravaged area, before Bob Geldof's time.)

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

15 minutes ago, Newbornbairn said:

header-fish-sticks.thumb.jpg.e724598db34f7e0951de460066fd15db.jpg

I was virtually brought up on mince, tinned meatballs and fish fingers (not at the same time) but I've hardly touched a fish finger since. About 20 years ago I had a sudden hankering and tried them again - awful, yeuch. Stinking  grey "fish" bits and what may have been sawdust. 

I hadn't ate fish fingers for years until the young lad we fostered wanted them. I thought they weren't too bad (a recurring phrase of mine in relation to this thread) and still have them now and again, usually with chips and peas/sweetcorn.