Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

Annie Lennox invited me to her house in Notting Hill and gave me a nice scarf.

Otherwise, Lennox Lewis, Gordon Brown, Princess Anne, Wladimir Klitschko, Angelina Jolie, Fabio Capella, Ban Ki-moon, various Heads of State/NFL stars/owners.

All through a previous job. I have a photo somewhere of Annie Lennox, Princess Anne and Lennox Lewis chatting away happily.

2 minutes ago, Duszek said:

Annie Lennox invited me to her house in Notting Hill and gave me a nice scarf.

Otherwise, Lennox Lewis, Gordon Brown, Princess Anne, Wladimir Klitschko, Angelina Jolie, Fabio Capella, Ban Ki-moon, various Heads of State/NFL stars/owners.

All through a previous job. I have a photo somewhere of Annie Lennox, Princess Anne and Lennox Lewis chatting away happily.

Did Princess Anne mention me?

I suppose it must be Jeffrey Archer in the early90’s.

He was Chairman of the Conservative party at the time and was doing the ‘rubber chicken’ circuit.  I was tasked with looking after him and he was a real joy to be with. Obviously, turned out to be a bit of a chancer, and paid the penalty, but was one of those people who had bags of charisma and could make a great speech without any notes.

At the very modest hotel where he was staying, he had all the staff ‘eating out of his hand’ as he just loved people liking him.

In the early 70’s, when living in London I did the Accounts of the actor, Leo McKern who played Rumpole of the Bailey.

Very insecure bloke, I thought.

Regarding Legends of blues, I managed to spend time with Hubert Sumlin at Montego Bay airport.

I taught Ian Cathro

Jim Murphy provided me a reference for my first job in teaching. Through him I also know Ed Byrne.

I've met and shook hands with Tony Blair and John Prescott, as well as knowing several politicians including Laura Fitsimmons, Stephen Twigg, Joe Fitzpatrick, Iain McNicol, Lembit Opik, Luke Akehurst and Tom Watson - quite a rogues gallery!!

I've also met and shook hands with the sadly departed Alan Rickman and Neil Pearson.

I've been in the same car at Reading Festival as the Black Crowes.

9 hours ago, scottsdad said:

In the late 80s I was at the Spencer snooker club in Stirling. My friend's dad pointed me to a spotty teenager who was eating his dinner and told me to get his autograph as he'd be famous one day. So I interrupted Stephen Hendry eating his dinner for an autograph. Doubt that getting an autograph counts as meeting someone though.

Canadian snooker player Alain Robidoux told me well done on a long pot on the blue in that club. 

Didnt even know who the shit-bearded cùnt was at the time.

I never met her but when i was a pest controller i had to do a job in Andrea Corrs house which involved me with my head in the bottom of her wardrobes looking for mouse droppings. The sights and smells will never leave me. I really took my time and i remember thinking to myself i deserve this.  

1 hour ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

I taught Ian Cathro

Jim Murphy provided me a reference for my first job in teaching. Through him I also know Ed Byrne.

I've met and shook hands with Tony Blair and John Prescott, as well as knowing several politicians including Laura Fitsimmons, Stephen Twigg, Joe Fitzpatrick, Iain McNicol, Lembit Opik, Luke Akehurst and Tom Watson - quite a rogues gallery!!

I've also met and shook hands with the sadly departed Alan Rickman and Neil Pearson.

I've been in the same car at Reading Festival as the Black Crowes.

Wow - Chris Robinson has one of rock’s best voices. Nice one.

4 hours ago, Meldrew said:

too many ''nice fella'' in this thread, shame nobody had met Cilla Black, i've never read a thread like this where she was mention and the word c**t didnt appear somewhere in the short reply

Friend of a friend was cabin crew on her regular flight to her Spanish home. CŪNT doesn't convey her opinion adequately.

My dealings with the rich and famous are too numerous to mention, but I will serialise later. One to be go I on with...

Wee geek used to pester fūck out of me and some friends, "where do you get your gear, what records have you got, what bands you seen?

Fūck off, you pest of Hell..."

Bobby Gillespie.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

5 minutes ago, Sergeant Wilson said:

Friend of a friend was cabin crew on her regular flight to her Spanish home. CŪNT doesn't convey her opinion adequately.

My dealings with the rich and famous are too numerous to mention, but I will serialise later. One to be go I on with...

Wee geek used to pester fūck out of me and some friends, "where do you get your gear, what records have you got, what bands you seen?

Fūck off, you pest of Hell..."

Bobby Gillespie.

The Spanihs girl bought gear from Bobby ?

I saw Richard Madley running across the road in Hampstead the other day. Looked surprisingly fit, like he plays a lot of tennis. Saw Gordon Durie too and he looks like a proper gammon.

eta - Gordon Durie was in Fife, not a posh bit of London.

Edited by Shandon Par