Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

14 minutes ago, Ric said:

Now I think that is a better topic, which famous people have abused you.

You can start it but the authorities will be phoning div for a chat. 

Blethered to a few musicians at gigs actually now I think about it actually. Roddy Woomble while seeing The Icarus Line, Stuart Braithwaite at The Eighties Matchbox B-Line Disaster, that stroppy one who stormed off NMTB from The Ordinary Boys at a Kaiser Chiefs gig, a couple of lads from The Rapture while watching Au Revoir Simone at a festival. Was backstage at that and was asked by a lass from Au Revoir Simone what band I was in, never felt cooler! 

Also in the 'musicians not at gigs' category I seen Dougie Vipond paying for some petrol in Straiton on my way to IKEA once

Edited by Christophe

1 minute ago, GiGi said:

You can start it but the authorities will be phoning div for a chat. 

I believe so long as those famous people are not Cowan and Cosgrove, you are free to post it... :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Christophe said:

Stuart Braithwaite

He is surprisingly chatty, I've spoken to him a few times (as a punter, of course) after gigs in the Arches - which it has to be said was THE place to watch Mogwai.

I've met Goldie once, he's not overly famous of course, after a gig of his in Aberdeen. He was either dating or had just finished dating Bjork (so this was late 90s?) and while drinking champagne and chatting to him while off my tits on E, the thought did occur to me that when I shook his hand I had "kevin bacon'ed" my way to 2 degree of separation between me and Bjork's 'front bottom'.

Edited by Ric

I worked on a well known ocean liner back in the 90s. The wifey it was named after came on with her husband a couple of times.
Jimmy Savile was also a regular traveler.
But one of my claims to fame is being in the same team photo as Kenny Dalgleish when he was onboard and met up with the ships football team.

14 minutes ago, Craig the Hunter said:

Funnily enough I have actually met Evan Dando of The Lemonheads.

Wow. He gets about doesn't he. I too have met Evan Dando. Served him in Fopp. Lots of other pop stars. Gil Scott Heron was great but utterly fucked.

Ive met Simon Cowell, he was a nice guy, decent with people asking for a pic and stuff instead of the tv persona (that said i generally agreed with him when he called someone shite). 
Met Ernie Els at Saint Andrews nice guy, also had a chat with Huey Lewis who was a bit of a w**k. 
Met Princess Anne at the opening of some shite thing somewhere, had to hold back my pro republican sentiment, tbf shes the royal id probably spare from the Guillotine anyway.
Sold mens underwear to Michelle Mone before her man left her, she was a stuck up bitch.  She was a regular in the shop i worked in. 
Met Alan Carr in the same shop, nice enough guy, certainly is as he is on the tv. 
Met the guitarists of Eagles of Death metal working in the Apple Shop in Glasgow, invited me to the show that night after i told them a story about how the singer Jesse had invited me to a show after meeting him at HMV Buchanan Street then the fucker failed to put my name on the list, they laughed and invited me to the after party etc, tbh I couldnt be arsed and didnt want the embarrassment of going and getting a KB again. They’re both music producers so it was cool to have a chat with them about music and california etc. 
I did some voluntary work with Make a wish and accompanied some kids on celeb meets, so ive met the Wiggles (girl was a wid), some wwe wrestlers and a visit to the set of Still Game, the cast were decent with the kids, Sanjeev Kholi went out his way to miss his lunch to spend time with them and the boy who played that awful character with the teeth was genuinely lovely to them (which made me feel bad that i hated the character). 
I once got shouted at by a Blues Musician called John Mayall who basically discovered Eric Clapton, I was selling concert merchandise and he came out to give the guys the stock and I asked him what it was like playing with Clapton and he said with a fiery anger in his eyes ‘Clapton played with me’. 

20 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I worked on a well known ocean liner back in the 90s. The wifey it was named after came on with her husband a couple of times.
Jimmy Savile was also a regular traveler.
But one of my claims to fame is being in the same team photo as Kenny Dalgleish when he was onboard and met up with the ships football team.

^^^

Doorman for the Herald of Free Enterprise

1 hour ago, scottsdad said:

In my (almost) 42 years, I have hardly met any famous people. I once had a long-ish conversation with Fred McAuley at a charity do and that is about it. What about P&Bers?

Have you done naked sword fighting with Derek Ferguson in a gym changing room? Sank a few pints with Harrison Ford? High-fived Gary Lineker at a bukkake party? What is your story?

By an amazing co-incidence I've done all of these. 😯

Other than that shook hands with Neil Armstrong (first man on the moon) in 1972 when he received the Freedom Of the Town of Langholm. Langholm being the traditional seat of the Clan Armstrong.

I blagged my way into "The End" club in London pretending to be Stuart Murdoch of Belle &Sebastian. It was Brit Award night in 99/2000. 

Mr C (from The Shamen) came into the VIP bogs and correctly said "You ain't that geezer from that band" but laughed, told me it was "top blagging" and patted me on the back and had a chat. 

Sister Bliss was the DJ. Never met her but got free drinks which didn't really mix well with the pingers. The absurdity of youth!

Edit- Mr C owned the club. He was sound.

Edited by speckled tangerine

John Major was driven past me in some kind of limo late at night in a notoriously downmarket area of Kent. He was trying to hide behind a paper while some of the local kids tried to steal a wee flag from the back of the car. I forget what, but something politically momentous had happened earlier in the day, and all I could think was, "what are you doing here? Get back to work!"

Back when he was popular, I ended up stalking Alec Salmond through the streets of Stirling, onto the train to Alloa, then saw him again in the town centre. Not on purpose, his Forth Valley gladhanding mission just always seemed to be going where I was. He did give me a worried look when I said "hello again" as we both stepped off the train together. Understandable.

Met a handful of MPs and MSPs through work, and they've all been quite dull folk who just wanted to get the photo opportunity out of the way and get back to whatever they spend their days doing. I started trying to avoid their visits after a while; politicians love hanging about charities that they've f**k all to do with.