Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

10 hours ago, Scotty Tunbridge said:

Seen someone else mention a call centre. I spoke to Richard Osman and Nigel Planer in my days working in one. Nigel Planer seemed genuinely surprised and happy I knew who he was when we got into conversation because I sounded so young. Both down to earth and very funny.

Quite probably the only redeeming feature of working in one was the odd celeb paying their phone bill to break the monotony of complaints. Mostly Z-listers, but personal favourite was Steve Harris of Iron Maiden being grumpy because he couldn't get broadband at his big country pile up in Essex, this was around 2005 IIRC.  (Used to play drums in a Maiden tribute band for a while before that n'all, very weird quirk of fate.) Have met a few famous faces, but no spectacular stories TBH.

2 hours ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If we're counting talking on the phone, in my previous role at work  I spoke to Donna Air, Lisa Snowden and Honour Blackman. Also spoke  to a disgruntled David Baddiel who couldn't get his internet banking working.

Oh aye, and Mickaël Antoine-Curier 😍

Briefly worked for an alarm company and gave Bob Monkhouse a right telling off for setting his security alarm off by accident.

“Playedl a little pick-up basketball with Shaq. He was at LSU when I visited my friend, who was a sports journalism student, and knew Shaq. There was a backboard and rim outside the building and he took a few minutes to show some of his incredible athleticism. Dude is a genuine nice guy, very intelligent…and f**king huge!

I played a fair few game of 5's against Ian Ferguson (Hearts one not Rangers) I was a lot younger and had no idea who he was. It was a keenly contested game particularly between me and him, remember saying to one of my workmates for an older lad he was some footballer. He laughed and was like "aye ex professionals tend to be like that, scored against Bayern before by the way" 

On 05/09/2021 at 10:08, Sergeant Wilson said:

Topper Headon out The Clash, the one with the moustache out Frankie Goes to Hollywood, the milk lady from Open All Hours, Viv Stanshal, Clive something from Casualty.

He really made an impression on you.

Ended up backstage with Hyyts, of T-H-I-S-T-L-E fame after a gig in Dundee. After the gig my pal was at the bar getting a round in at the same time as Adam the singer did. He jokingly complained that they didn't play T-H-I-S-T-L-E so he invited us backstage and played it for a handful of people. Really nice guys.

George Best and Mary Stavin in Scone after George Best had played for Scone Thistle, my grandfather was the photographer for the local paper and was tipped off exactly where to find them. I do have the autographs somewhere and the picture periodically turns up on twitter.

William and Kate in 2014 as we were invited to take some kids from the BB to meet them in Crieff. They were both genuine and asked good questions. One of our boys aged 9 however told the local paper Kate's hair smelt nice which was not published.

In my role at Saints ive met loads of people from the football world, most of whom are totally sound. I remember watching a game from the TV gantry and Gary McAllister took the piss as i thought Saints had scored a late winner v Celtic but he was sound and it was all good banter. 

Fatih Terim looking me in the eye and waving going to the press conference last month was odd as we have never met before. 

Not sure this counts as an "I've met" but i was waiting on a flight arrival in Geneva to fill our mini bus and Mike Tyson walked passed. it was a genuine what is he doing here, was it him moment . The next day the local paper reported he was in the area skiing.

Probably Britney Spears, she walked right past me, must've been around 18 years ago, I was sitting outside a bar on Leidseplein in Amsterdam having a beer with a mate and she walked right towards us.

I took a sneaky picture (with a real camera so it wasn't that sneaky) and said oops I did it again...she wasn't impressed.

Picture 195.jpg

1 minute ago, stevieKTID said:

Probably Britney Spears, she walked right past me, must've been around 18 years ago, I was sitting outside a bar on Leidseplein in Amsterdam having a beer with a mate and she walked right towards us.

I took a sneaky picture (with a real camera so it wasn't that sneaky) and said oops I did it again...she wasn't impressed.

Picture 195.jpg

How many other women have you failed to impress in these 18 years?

• 1 year later...