Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

4 hours ago, Meldrew said:

too many ''nice fella'' in this thread, shame nobody had met Cilla Black, i've never read a thread like this where she was mention and the word c**t didnt appear somewhere in the short reply

I read her autobiography because I was interested in the early days, the Beatles stuff… that part of her book was actually very enjoyable. Then there was a whole swathe of the book around her ‘glory days’ as the Queen of TV. It got interesting again when TV companies ditched her shows, and her star was fading. She came across like a complete cnut who seemed to portray the attitude ‘how dare they drop my shows and say I’m past it and no longer relevant? Don’t they know I’m a national treasure and everyone loves me?’… I paraphrase, but that was the jist of it. Wouldn’t surprise (surprise) me to find out she was indeed a complete cnut.

Edited by pozbaird

John Terry and Steven Gerrard in 2004 on a family trip too dubai I was 15 .both were happy to sign autographs. And talk about football. They both like that  I supported ayr utd and not the old firm. 

My pen broke just when stevie g went too sign .but his mate luckily had a pen .also met ayr legend gk david castilla at the top of the empire state building.he was as shocked as me .small world .

I'm Canadian so we have different famous people, probably the most famous I have met was former Premier of Quebec Jean Charest.  He came to my school to talk and meet students and he clearly didn't want to be there.  I also have met a bunch of IndyCar racing drivers like Sebastien Bourdais, Justin Wilson (RIP) and Simona de Silvestro when I got Paddock Passes to the Indy Toronto

Edited by senorsoupe

Frank McAvennie not entirely a surprise meeting as he was the guest DJ at a club night I was at. Was great to see him as he truelly was living the Only An Excuse image, turned up with two women, looked a tad worse for wear, stood in the DJ booth barely standing then spent the rest of the night looking at the burlesque dancers arses. Some man 

6 hours ago, Meldrew said:

too many ''nice fella'' in this thread, shame nobody had met Cilla Black, i've never read a thread like this where she was mention and the word c**t didnt appear somewhere in the short reply

Her acme was being directed by Burt Bacharach backed by The Ladybirds singing Alfie, see YouTube.

Apart from that she was a massive c**t.

27 minutes ago, OneBrianIrvine said:

Conversely colleague of my mothers was on Surprise Surprise back in the day. Next evening Cilla (and hubby) took her and her partner out for dinner. No cameras, no entourage or fanfare. Just two couples having a meal. Don’t think many show hosts would do that.

Not saying she wasn’t a cnut at times but who isn’t. People are complicated.

Did they have a lorra lorra laughs?

Donald Dewar, first first minister of Scotland after he was judging a university debating competition I was in. Was very complimentary to me and said I should have a career in speaking.

ETA: on a debate competition thing, was a judge many times on the P&J schools debating competition and met Alex Salmond as a fellow judge at the final. My impression of him at the time (mid/late 1980’s) was a slimy, smarmy numpty.

On a footballing theme, met Gordon Banks at a Florida resort a good few years ago (sadly, he’s now died).

Told me he was on the Pools Panel and one of his pals was a guy who started out at, I think Albion Rovers, and then became a legend in England?

Cant remember his name.

Edited by Dawson Park Boy
Spelling