Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

3 hours ago, PWL said:

Met and chatted with Jackie Stewart at work event. He is from same village as my mum so the boss introduced me.

Was it Valentine's day at Silverstone & did you shake his hand?

Was sitting next to Paul Mason on an Athens to London flight. We ended up talking about Soul music. Which was nice.

Spent an afternoon in Edinburgh with Stephen Frost. He was connected to a friend's play at the Festival. Funniest day ever and he's a good lad.

I met Bono after an early U2 gig at Strathclyde University in 1981 - he was a nice bloke.

I spoke with Donnie Munro fae’ Runrig after bumping into him at a Lou Reed gig in the Edinburgh Playhouse - he was sound.

Spoke with Ally McCoist in the British Airways lounge at Heathrow Airport once, he was good to talk to.

Met Alex Lifeson and Geddy Lee from Rush in the Albany Hotel bar on their ‘Hemispheres’ tour in 1978 - they were both very nice to talk to, very laid back, very, erm, Canadian.

Have played golf with Jim Goodwin, Brian Rice, and Mark McAusland at St Mirren golf days. Again, nice blokes to spend time with.

That’s about it. A mate of mine though was on holiday in Barcelona one time, and splashed out on a posh hotel. He was swimming in the hotel pool one day, and accidentally bumped into another guy swimming nearby. Apologised to the guy for not seeing him, and it was Bruce Springsteen.

That kind of trumps my ‘I bumped into Donnie Munro fae’ Runrig on my way to the Edinburgh Playhouse lavvies’ story.