Most famous person you've ever met

scottsdad

I'm on "nodding" terms with Martin Compston. His Dad knew my Dad and played in the same boys club as him back in the mid 90s. 

Despite being incredibly rich, successful and good looking, he always gives me a wee "awrite" if I  ever see him about Greenock. 

2 minutes ago, BFTD said:

John Major was driven past me in some kind of limo late at night in a notoriously downmarket area of Kent. He was trying to hide behind a paper while some of the local kids tried to steal a wee flag from the back of the car. I forget what, but something politically momentous had happened earlier in the day, and all I could think was, "what are you doing here? Get back to work!"

I was late for work in London and a bunch of Japanese tourists were blocking the pavement, so I angrily barged through them and came face to face with John Major, noses almost touching. He must have been signing autographs or something. Not sure which of us looked more bewildered. Couldn't think of anything to say so marched on. Noticed a couple of his protection team reholstering their guns, or what looked like it.

19 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Does Alan Rough count?

If he does then I'm claiming him as well. He was a speaker at a Sportsmans I was attending but was due late as he had to finish his radio show first. Was outside having a pre dinner cigarette and he comes running up face red and sweaty and says "Here, have I missed ma dinner?" He was extremely pleased when I told him they were just about to dish out the soup 

Met Steve Davis (Snooker Player, not Footballer). He was opening the local Riley's and I think my mate and I scared him tbh, we had had a few beers.

Various footballers, especially Villa ones.

Played football with former Rangers player Colin Jackson and his son, as he used to live on my Gran's road in Rutherglen. He was a lovely bloke.

Edward Tudor-Pole, of Ten Pole Tudor and Crystal Maze fame. Chatted to him before he did a gig. Said he was nervous, but didn't seem nervous on stage!

Was on a flight With Toyah Wilcox. She's tiny. Also Willie Thorne passed me at Birmingham Airport, but he was blooming tall.

Met a few cricketers, mostly Warwickshire players.

Was in a shop in Ayr and so were the Krankies. Obviously I was star struck.

Other exciting ones were Peter Andre singing up Solihull Town centre. Greg Rutherford walking past in London, Ewan Thomas in same pub as me.

Pretty sure I walked past Greig Spence's plumbing van outside a job in Larbert yesterday.

Naturally I moved on quickly lest the man himself emerge and cause me to gush like a wee schoolgirl  :wub:

8 minutes ago, Bert Raccoon said:

If he does then I'm claiming him as well. He was a speaker at a Sportsmans I was attending but was due late as he had to finish his radio show first. Was outside having a pre dinner cigarette and he comes running up face red and sweaty and says "Here, have I missed ma dinner?" He was extremely pleased when I told him they were just about to dish out the soup 

When i met him he was in his "prime" playing for Hibs in a friendly against Elgin at Borough Briggs. To be fair he came over to a group of us and had a chat about playing for Scotland and shit until someone asked him why he never tried to save Eder's goal at the World Cup.

22 minutes ago, shahid khan said:

I'm on "nodding" terms with Martin Compston. His Dad knew my Dad and played in the same boys club as him back in the mid 90s. 

Despite being incredibly rich, successful and good looking, he always gives me a wee "awrite" if I  ever see him about Greenock. 

i'm on 1st name terms with an ex scotland international, only due to the fact we went to school at the same time., i'd rather nod to Compston though.

2 hours ago, Suspect Device said:

Went to school with Gordon Durie and Stephen Hendry. Hendry was in my year. Durie a year or so older.

Met Kenny Dalglish (I have the photo to prove it but I'm not posting it)

Also Sharon Davies, Barry Sheene, Henry Cooper and Suzanne Dando.

was at a judo seminar years ago with Sharon Davies's ex fiance Neil Adams, the' ''banter'' at the time was during the Q & A  questions like ''is big sharon a good ride'' where not allowed to be asked.

I met Paul McCartney at a farmer's show in Campbeltown in the 80's. I also met Sarah Ferguson when she was still a royal. I was in a guard of honour with the scouts as she visited a hospice. We had to wait in the pouring rain with no protection from it until she came back out and was utterly drookit and freezing when she reappeared. She then asked me if I was feeling the cold and forgetting all the protocols we'd been told beforehand, I said "Aye, gonnae hurry up." Tbf, she did.

I interviewed Willie Wallace for a fanzine I used to work on with a Pommie mate here in Brisbane in the late 90s. He was (still is, I believe) living on the Gold Coast and we spent a couple of hours on the interview and then just having a good old blether about football in general. Genuinely decent bloke. Also interviewed Stuart Munro for the same fanzine.

Photographed Alan Border, Jeff Thompson and a couple of other Aussie ex-cricketers with groups of schoolkids at a coaching clinic in Brisbane a couple of years earlier.

Was on the same plane as Michael Caine (got his autograph) and Roger Moore flying from Glasgow to London, they'd been working on a movie in the Highlands (allegedly, I can't find any reference to any such movie in the relevant time frame, either 1988 or 89)

Got Alan Rough's autograph when I was a student at Glasgow Uni, the Student's Union had talked him into being the goalkeeper for a fundraising penalty kick event

Got Kevin Keegan's autograph after my brother spotted him in a phone box at Southwaite Services

The rest hardly qualify as "met", but while I'm in name dropping mode....

Almost bumped into Jock Stein getting out of a taxi and dashing into Queen St Station

Was trying to flag down a taxi in London once, but it drove about 20m past me to pick up David Bellamy instead

Alex Ferguson was guest speaker at a Glasgow referee's association dinner, shortly before the 1986 World Cup Finals

Walked past Billy McNeill at Glasgow Airport, he'd just got off a flight from Birmingham as I was heading for the same plane for the flight back down, he was Villa manager at the time

Was a steward occasionally at Brisbane United games in the old National Soccer League in the early 90s, and stood about 20m away from Ferenc Puskas, who was coaching one of the Melbourne teams at the time

And finally, watched the Scotland squad trooping from their hotel to the team bus  with about 20 other fans on their way to one of the group games in Invercargill during the 2011 Rugby World Cup