Jobs you couldn't do

Vivisectionist or anything that involves experimentation on animals. Even moreso when it's just for something commercial like shampoo or cigarettes. Test them on the directors of the companies.

Conservative/Republican politician. How can those people sleep at night?

Daily Mail reporter. Or indeed, an employee at any level.

Proctologist. I have a theory that the day the exam results come out at Doctor school, a sheet of paper is pinned to the wall with all the different types of work you can do as a medic. The one who gets the highest results gets to choose first, then the second highest and on down to the Doctor who barely scraped a pass mark. They go last, which is the only way you can get Doctors who will spend 8 hours a day looking up other people's arses. If I should ever need one then I'll be grateful they exist but how could anyone NOT hate doing that for a living.

Arms manufacturer or any profession aimed at finding more efficient ways to kill people.

Other than that, I think I'd be willing to have a go at most things.

Non exhaustive list of stuff I've no done and couldn't allow myself to if qualified/skilled for the job:

Military - #1 no chance

Weapons manufacture - no way ever

Musician - seems a pain in the arse rather than fun

Police - gads a f**k

Slaughterhouse - seems like awful work

Job centre - gads a f**k

Delivery driver - seems like they get treated horrifically

Stuff I couldn't go back to: 

Barman - I was terrible at it tbh and don't enjoy the hours 

Call centre - I was v good at it but it was depressing work. 

Anything like sales/customer care where’s I need to be polite to people and show up dressed smart.

I think any office job when you have no reason to be anywhere else but your desk would be pretty soul destroying as well, you must feel like a batter hen if that’s your day to day life.

Prison Officer. It might actually be a fulfilling and interesting job but just the thought of going to prison every day for work and dealing with a load of dangerous arseholes isn't for me.

Pilot. Just wouldn't like the lives of hundreds of people being in my hands each day, as I'm more than capable of making an arse out of basic tasks.

8 hours ago, Fullerene said:

Get yourself some snakes.  They can deal with all the rats and mice while you just sit back and relax.

Don't really like snakes either. If it's smaller than a cat I'm keeping a wide berth.

Although boa constrictors might be an exception to that.

Thing is, when you're desperate you'll do pretty much any job. I've done jobs that sickened me, terrified me and bored the tits aff but I had to do them to get money in.

So I reckon I'd do virtually anything. But, I couldn't work with a Fifer.