Abba

Lyle Lanley

The gig sounds a bit odd but I suppose if you just throw yourself into it, it would be a whole lot of fun. So many great songs. Some not so great. "I Still Have Faith In You" is classic late period Abba. Not so keen on "Don't Shut Me Down" but very much looking forward to hearing the album.

• 10 months later...
On 06/09/2021 at 12:14, The Naitch said:

That’s tickets sorted for their show next summer. Can’t wait!

Took the wife and kids to see it on Thursday. A very different gig experience but hugely enjoyable all the same. Helped in no small way by the ban on camera phones 👍

I see the run has been extended through to next May, I wonder how long it will take to break even?

7 hours ago, Lurkst said:

Took the wife and kids to see it on Thursday. A very different gig experience but hugely enjoyable all the same. Helped in no small way by the ban on camera phones 👍

I see the run has been extended through to next May, I wonder how long it will take to break even?

With the ticket prices and sell outs most days/nights they'll have broke even fairly quickly. It's a sure fire money maker for everyone involved.

The whole arena is essentially a fancy flat pack from IKEA so once ticket sales start to tail off they'll just pack up and move it somewhere else and the money will start pouring in again.

Posted on the main gigs thread at the time I saw this. It was utterly sensational in every way. I will be making an effort to see it again at some point.