Businesses no longer accepting cash

Don't have a major problem if it's made clear up front on entrance to the establishment.

Pain in the arse when cash is presented and they tell you 'but we thought you knew..........'

To know these things in advance would be helpful, so folks I'll start you off with...........

Brel in Ashton Lane, Glasgow.

I know of a wedding recently where all the guests turned up to find the card machines down so all guests had to find a cash machine or no booze.

I do feel pretty smug here as turning up without cash is not adult behaviour.

Edited by Gaz FFC

I went to a Chinese takeaway in Monifieth on Friday and they had a sign ‘cash only’ which is unusual as they usually take card payments.  Fortunately, like any grown up, I had cash and a credit card and a debit card.  As a result I was able to get my food without any hassle.

Maybe just a short-term technical hitch.

It occurred to me that they would be screwed if anyone ordered by phone and didn’t turn up.

Edited by Granny Danger

28 minutes ago, Theroadlesstravelled said:

I bet no one under 50 has a problem with this.

Does your dealer have a card machine?

Or is it bitcoin only?

Even though I have accepted that this is the way we are being forced to go, I can see the problems and if you can't then you should do a little research.

1 minute ago, Granny Danger said:

I went to a Chinese takeaway in Monifieth on Friday and they had a sign ‘cash only’ which is unusual as they usually take card payments.  Fortunately, like any grown up, I had cash and a credit card and a debit card.  As a result I was able to get my food without any hassle.

It occurred to me that they would be screwed if anyone ordered by phone and didn’t turn up.

Chinese are the only places I've been told that they only accept cash payments. Wonder why.

1 minute ago, Suspect Device said:

Chinese are the only places I've been told that they only accept cash payments. Wonder why.

Like I say the place usually take cards.

The Lobster Shack in Crail only takes cash all the time.  The people who run it are not Chinese.

2 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

The Chinese that we use only takes cash, as I discovered one evening.

No problem, says I, as there are three cash dispensers within 50 yards of said establishment..

The first one was no longer there, as the branch had closed, taking their machine with them.

The second one was out of action.

Fortunately, third time lucky.

6 minutes ago, Suspect Device said:

My Mrs worked in a Chinese when she was at school. Paid in cash, no such thing as a payslip or a p60. Wonder how these folk get away with jt.

4 minutes ago, Jacksgranda said:

The first one was no longer there, as the branch had closed, taking their machine with them.

The second one was out of action.

Fortunately, third time lucky.

Hopefully not charged £1.80 or what ever the price the chancers want to charge for taking your cash out .