Lewis Vaughn 4th ACL

Absolutely gutted for our wee genius probably one of the best we have seen at Starks. I wish him well and hope he does what he needs to do for himself and his family, would be great to see him overcome this devastating news and return, you are still young bud and I’m sure you have not only the Raith support but the best wishes of all in Scottish football behind you for a swift recovery.

Given the injury was in open play and without contact, it would seem logical that Lewis can overtax his knees/ligaments…I just don’t see how he can adjust his hell for leather playing style to preserve his knees (and his future) if he returns. 

Have to feel sorry for the lad as he's quite clearly talented, but never seems to get any sort of decent run, at worst he would carve out a solid career at this level. Surely nobody can comeback from a 4th ACL? 

Horrible news. Never seen the lad playing I don’t think but you wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Some of the older posters might remember a promising young player we had back when we were last promoted from this division who apparently everyone had high hopes for - Mark Skilling - and he kept on injuring his knee I believe and eventually had to retire.

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

Horrible news. Never seen the lad playing I don’t think but you wouldn’t wish that on anyone.

Some of the older posters might remember a promising young player we had back when we were last promoted from this division who apparently everyone had high hopes for - Mark Skilling - and he kept on injuring his knee I believe and eventually had to retire.

Yep tragic for the lad, always stuck out any time I've seen him for the Rovers. 

On Skilling I was in Brey preseason when he basically just ran in to a wall behind the goal line near the corner flag that was round the park, never recovered which was a real shame. 

If I worked at Raith then I’d try and get in touch with Andy Murray’s management and see if he could give Vaughan a quick call at some stage. 

He would certainly be empathic to struggling with repetitive injuries and the difficulty in trying to return and play professional sport.

I don't think there's a single Sons fan out there who doesn't have a stupendous amount of respect for Lewis Vaughan. To be shunted out on loan to us at 21 (I think) and perform like he did, whilst knowing it was having a negative impact on the club he was contracted to, who gave him his break in senior football and who he obviously has a very strong affinity with spoke bucketloads about his professionalism.

I was delighted for him when he went back to Raith and bagged a load of goals the following season, and really hoped that he'd get himself a big move to the Premiership. There's absolutely no doubt at all that he has the ability to be a very good player at that level.

At this stage though you have got to worry a wee bit about the potential damage he's now doing to his body for years to come. If he wants to mount a comeback then I've every confidence he'll manage it - but it does concern me that it could leave him living in pain when he gets on a bit. 

One of my brother's pals is just back from a second ACL at 20 and it was very touch and go whether he'd ever play again. I can't even begin to imagine how difficult it must be to fight back from a fourth.

Hope he makes a full and speedy recovery and gets all the support he needs.

nintchdbpict000315133102.jpg