China reduces children’s gaming time to three hours a week

China has announced that under 18s are to be limited in the number of hours they can spend online gaming. Young gamers will be limited to one hour of gaming on Friday, Saturday and Sunday, with an additional hour allowed on public holidays.

The Chinese government said that the measures have been taken to reduce the levels of gaming addiction among young people. Previously the Chinese government have cracked down on under 18s masquerading as adults on games and rescinded the licenses of some gaming companies.

Would P&Bers support similar measures in this country?

Have any P&Bers ever been forced to limit their gaming time?

How would P&Bers react if their P&B was rationed by radical woke Pinko snowflake Commie government dictat?

2 minutes ago, Boo Khaki said:

So how the f**k are we supposed to buy cheap in-game currency if it's not being farmed 18 hours a day by Chinese bairns? :angry:

More to the point how is the lecky going to be switched off in Kirkcaldy if nobody tells them when to do it? 

6 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Having endured parenting a now recently turned 20yo ex-gamer I’m all up for supporting this to save other parents the mood laden grief. Where can I sign up? 

Absolutely behind this. I don't have the moral fibre or will power to bring up my own kids properly and would very much appreciate the state stepping in to lend a hand. 

If they can get them to tidy their rooms and stop being so cheeky that would be great too. 

29 minutes ago, Father Ted said:

How can they possibly police such a "law"?

Can't see the next Football Manager  release being a bigger seller there.

Under that law, it would take you an eternity to get a season done.

Because they can do stuff like use govt issued ID and face recognition to do anything they want and regulate which firms get to operate there and shut down operators who don't play ball.