Michael Gove goes clubbing

Now this may be an unpopular opinion...

I'm aware that Gove is an absolute fanny and somebody who is in the public eye like he is should be more protective of his image.. but... taking photos or videos of drunk people in clubs in order to embarrass them later is utter shitebag behaviour.

I admire the venues in Berlin and Amsterdam that don't allow photography. What goes in the club stays in the club etc.

If I'm being entirely honest here. I am eternally grateful that there were no smartphones in the 90s and my own shameful behaviour was never recorded.

I'd hate to waken up with a raging hangover just to find out that I'm now a meme for some incident that I can't remember.

52 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

I used to head down to the Schooner after finishing my shift at a nightclub, this being the only place open for drink at that time in the early hours.

I was led to believe it allowed one to go on on a 24hr pub crawl, minus the half hour it took to stagger to some other establishment on the other side of town.

Was easy enough to go 24 hrs mon-sat  the only break was after nightclub to the schooner or the Glenlivet but that was easily covered by the baker's to grab some freshly made rowies but early hours Sunday there was no food options available and I'm sure there was no early hours pubs until 9am on a Sunday 

I'm aware that Gove is an absolute fanny and somebody who is in the public eye like he is should be more protective of his image.. but... taking photos or videos of drunk people in clubs in order to embarrass them later is utter shitebag behaviour.
I admire the venues in Berlin and Amsterdam that don't allow photography. What goes in the club stays in the club etc.
If I'm being entirely honest here. I am eternally grateful that there were no smartphones in the 90s and my own shameful behaviour was never recorded.
I'd hate to waken up with a raging hangover just to find out that I'm now a meme for some incident that I can't remember.
This, I'm glad mobile phones weren't a thing when I went on holiday to Magaluf.

I seem to remember us becoming acquainted having both gone to the same Aberdeen pub on our lonesomes.  [emoji16]

Yes, of course! Man what a weekend that was. I had just spent the previous night at a Tinder dates flat and got my hole, rocked up to the boozer to support the dandies, met your good self, Sportscene appearance and pints galore. It was gutting when Rogic scored that goal. Bit of a downer. But then I went and got my hole again that night. Great memories!

9 hours ago, jamamafegan said:

Yes, of course! Man what a weekend that was. I had just spent the previous night at a Tinder dates flat and got my hole, rocked up to the boozer to support the dandies, met your good self, Sportscene appearance and pints galore. It was gutting when Rogic scored that goal. Bit of a downer. But then I went and got my hole again that night. Great memories!

3928D724-77B1-47F3-8ADB-ADC0DF967ABD.jpeg

14 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Not just mobile phones, take a look at the nightclub photo thread at its almost exclusively photos from the official photographer.

f**k knows why they need to employ someone to dod about a club and burn the retinas off folk.

8 minutes ago, 101 said:

Not just mobile phones, take a look at the nightclub photo thread at its almost exclusively photos from the official photographer.

f**k knows why they need to employ someone to dod about a club and burn the retinas off folk.

Probably find it is some sort of legal thing.  Who owns the photos.  Did they get consent from the people in the photos.

34 minutes ago, Fullerene said:

Probably find it is some sort of legal thing.  Who owns the photos.  Did they get consent from the people in the photos.

They won't need consent and the photographer owns the pictures unless the clubs has an agreement to buy them off the person taking them.

16 hours ago, Paul Kersey said:

Aye I agree with this 99.9% of the time but Gove is an exception. Utter inhuman lizard c**t.

He’s FIFTY FOUR (54).

I’m 30. I stopped going to nightclubs, or venues even vaguely resembling nightclubs, when I was about 25. And one winch while at a Halloween night (interrupted by a fire alarm) aside, stopped enjoying going to them about four years before that.

It beggars belief how someone in their 50s, even if under the influence of white substances, would have the energy and desire to go to one. Least of all on Back Wynd in Aber-fucking-deen, and paying £5 for the privilege.

2 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

It beggars belief how someone in their 50s, even if under the influence of white substances, would have the energy and desire to go to one. Least of all on Back Wynd in Aber-fucking-deen, and paying £5 for the privilege.

Apparently he didn't pay to get in - or even buy drinks when he was inside - the other punters saw to that, so fair play. His Aberdonian genes clearly couldn't pass up the opportunity...

Just now, Aim Here said:

Apparently he didn't pay to get in - or even buy drinks when he was inside - the other punters saw to that, so fair play. His Aberdonian genes clearly couldn't pass up the opportunity...

The next time a venue tries to charge me for entry I’m going to ask them “even for the Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster”.

But I’m going to do so beyond punching distance of the bouncer.

27 minutes ago, Ad Lib said:

He’s FIFTY FOUR (54).

I’m 30. I stopped going to nightclubs, or venues even vaguely resembling nightclubs, when I was about 25. And one winch while at a Halloween night (interrupted by a fire alarm) aside, stopped enjoying going to them about four years before that.

No offence, Ad Lib, but you preferred a quiet night in reading constitutional law at age 18, so the above really doesn’t surprise me.

I agree with the sentiments above regarding filming folk on a night out, however I imagine I wouldn’t have been able to resist filming a c**t like Michael Gove making a tit of himself tbh.