Hearts v Hibernian Cinch Premiership Decider

22 hours ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

I hope that wasn't 2013

A restricted view of the 2014 one would  be a positive bonus

It was 2013, I moved and found a better seat.

54 minutes ago, HibsFan said:

If you're a nerd who sits down then that's the very least you deserve.

It was my allocated seat.

After I laughed at the state of it and took a quick pic,  I moved to an empty seat.

If I remember right, that pic was taken with me standing too. 

I've actually seen worse. Once at Parkhead many years ago the allocated seat for a mate didn't even exist. It had been broken completely off, probably weeks earlier as the place was still quiet when we arrived,  and not replaced.  All that remained was metal bracket. When my mate went to complain to a Steward, he was threatened with removal from the stadium.

On 29/08/2021 at 13:38, Fraser Fyvie said:

What about the last near enough 2 years where we've picked up comfortably more points than anyone outwith Rangers and Celtic?

Hearts fans have been calling us lucky and coming up with other shan excuses the whole time.

I'm just talking about our games so far in the SPL. Didn't say you were lucky, just that you've had easier games.

FWIW, we've rode our luck too. Neilson's bizarre tactics of sitting back around our box is gonna backfire one day.

20 hours ago, Leith Green said:

I love it when Hearts fans are overconfident ahead of a home derby..................

oooh GIF

Yeah, they're overconfident before the game, and then they usually win them by a scoreline of 1-0, 2-0 or 2-1.

When are we going to learn lads? :lol:

This game absolutely gives me the fear.

Both of us riding high at the top of the table and playing some good football, if it was Easter Road I would be really confident.

However at Tynecastle I’m just not and for good reason given our recent record.

Its giving me that much fear that I’ve booked a weekend away with the Mrs so I can completely avoid the city and the football and I’ve no missed a derby at Tynecastle since Pat Fenlon was in charge and Calum Paterson scored a late winner in 2013.

As much as I think Doyle-Hayes and Magennis coming in has improved us loads, partly because they’re good players but also partly because they just allow us to play much better football. But having said that, as well as they’ve played thus far, at their ages do they have the balls to go to Tynecastle and come up against the likes of Haring and Halliday in the middle of the park, I’m not so sure, they’re better footballers but Derby’s rarely come down to who has the better footballers, we’ve had McGinn’s, McGeouch’s, Brown’s, Thomson’s brought below the level of general jobbing premiership midfielders in these Derby’s.

Another thing that gives me the fear is Matt Macey. He’s like a cross between Mark Oxley and Ross Laidlaw, something is wrong, we’re conceding more soft goals than we used to, none of them distinctly appear his fault but he just doesn’t command his area or ever do anything that good, cup final penalty save aside. I hope I’m wrong but he’s got a howler in front of the Gorgie Road end written allover him.

I would absolutely bite your hand off for a draw right now and I’m just delighted I won’t be in Edinburgh for a headsgone if we lose.

Optimistically going to say Hearts 1-1 Hibernian.

Boyle to give Hibs a lead, Hibs to miss loads of chances, McGregor/Gogic/Newell or something to get sent off and Liam Boyce to equalise and make it feel like a defeat.

Edited by Les Cabbage

19 minutes ago, Les Cabbage said:

if it was Easter Road I would be really confident.

However at Tynecastle I’m just not and for good reason given our recent record.

Our recent record is better at Tynecastle than at Easter Road.....................

In fact, in league derbies I think both teams have done better on the road than at home recently.

11 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Our recent record is better at Tynecastle than at Easter Road.....................

In fact, in league derbies I think both teams have done better on the road than at home recently.

Over the past 3 years or so in the league yeah but if you go further back it’s not quite as pleasing.

I’ve only seen us win at Tynecastle twice having not missed one since my first (which happened to be the “relegation derby”).

12 minutes ago, Empty It said:

1-0 Hearts
Boyce penalty after McGregor irrationally chops him down outside the box.

Rash statement imo, McGregor wouldnt have caught him in the first place.

0-1 Hibs, pelanty for Boyle dive - Gordon sent off for moving off his line twice.

On 01/09/2021 at 15:06, Leith Green said:

I love it when Hearts fans are overconfident ahead of a home derby..................

oooh GIF

If history tells us anything, it's that such overconfidence can very occasionally backfire on Hearts fans.

Smart money on the league's two form teams playing out a drab draw. Hoping Hearts shitfest it for the bantz.