Hearts v Hibernian Cinch Premiership Decider

4 hours ago, Empty It said:

Easy win for the herts in what will almost certainly be the deciding fixture for the Cinch Premiership 21/22 season.

4 hours ago, Lyle Lanley said:

We will win the Cinch premiership by goal difference. 83A0B330-15E0-441E-A9EF-BA07E5459F18.png.10b966eb6d00a3a920ec21bc39f845e6.png

Great positive attitude people 

Kingsley will be back, Devlin will be available and we'll likely have at least one more option. All of a sudden our squad looks like it has a bit depth and it's exciting to have going into this game. 

Hibs are flying as well, but I definitely think we can get change out that defence, they've been honking against cross balls all season. 

Can't wait for this, just a shame it's 2 weeks away.

Guest TheJTS98
8 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Kingsley will be back, Devlin will be available and we'll likely have at least one more option. All of a sudden our squad looks like it has a bit depth and it's exciting to have going into this game. 

Hibs are flying as well, but I definitely think we can get change out that defence, they've been honking against cross balls all season. 

Two of Hibs' three wins this season have been at home to Ross County and at home to Livingston. Those sides have one point between them so far, and would have 0 if St Johnstone hadn't missed a penalty at Dingwall, and both went to play Hibs in tricky off-field circumstances.

Hard to know what to make of those results, really.

Thought they looked really poor for the majority of the game at Dens last week. I get the feeling their points total is a bit deceptive at the moment due to the fixtures. Of the teams they've played, only Motherwell have won a game so far. Deceptive is maybe the wrong word there, but it's been a kind start for them.

Hearts are looking good and there's no reason for anything other than optimism at the moment.

Edited by TheJTS98

Guest TheJTS98
2 minutes ago, Leith Green said:

Isnt that how leagues work? 

Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

Please read the rest of the paragraph.

Perhaps league position would have been better than points total. Fair enough.

Edited by TheJTS98

13 hours ago, Tony Wonder said:

Hibs have been flying against Motherwell, Ross County and Livi. We've had four difficult ties - and not played that well for large spells but still won 3 of them.

Am fairly confident. New players will have bedded in and hopefully the 'sit back and defend' mentality will have been ditched.

1 hour ago, Crùbag said:

Hibs have been flying against Motherwell, Ross County and Livi. We've had four difficult ties - and not played that well for large spells but still won 3 of them.

Am fairly confident. New players will have bedded in and hopefully the 'sit back and defend' mentality will have been ditched.

What about the last near enough 2 years where we've picked up comfortably more points than anyone outwith Rangers and Celtic?

Hearts fans have been calling us lucky and coming up with other shan excuses the whole time.

You could quite easily argue that Hearts have been fortunate in both home games. Playing Celtic in the opening game whilst they were still a complete defensive shambles and before their attack was up to speed and then Aberdeen after an exhausting trip to Central Asia.

I'm not going to do that that though, because I'm not a churlish poster.

Hibs have clearly had an easier run so far but you can only beat what's in front of you and they have. I'm still concerned that we lack the cutting edge to put games to bed when we're on top, so I'm not going to be taking home wins over Livi and Ross County for granted just yet.

Having said that, the result of this match will be a 4-0 victory for Heart of Midlothian FC.