Dundee FC vs Livingston - 11/9/21

1 hour ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Depends on the outcome of the game, if we lose to a spawny Dundee goal/dodgy decision, then i'll be driving up to Dundee post match to kick f**k out of every Dundee supporter i can find.

See the source image

Nae bother.

I lived beside Gary Bartlett as a bairn and he was very good at football.

That is all I have to add.

I don’t have a good feeling about this game at all. Sincerely hoping this is the game it ‘clicks’ for us, but I’m hoping more than expecting that any time soon tbh. 

Tough run coming up for us, would be a bit of a blow to be going into a semi-decent run of fixtures in October with absolutely nothing on the board. 

4 hours ago, Afro said:

I don’t have a good feeling about this game at all. Sincerely hoping this is the game it ‘clicks’ for us, but I’m hoping more than expecting that any time soon tbh. 

Tough run coming up for us, would be a bit of a blow to be going into a semi-decent run of fixtures in October with absolutely nothing on the board. 

Seems like we'll have 21/22 players fit and available for this, that makes me feel a bit more positive than I was (particularly if Kelly is shunted out the squad). 

Neil Barrett was up there with Jim Duffy's poorest signings for us. Barrett is just lucky that Duffy went on to replace Julian Speroni with Kelvin Jack, Lee Wilkie with Joel Kitamarike and Fab Cab with Jacquinto.

In more serious matters, what was the script with Shaun Byrne dropping down a division to play for us? Granted, we are a bigger club but he was a regular in a top flight team where he was loved. Seemed a bit of a bizarre one.

3 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

In more serious matters, what was the script with Shaun Byrne dropping down a division to play for us? Granted, we are a bigger club but he was a regular in a top flight team where he was loved. Seemed a bit of a bizarre one.

Money and remaining close to Kirkcaldy I would assume.

Worked out well for both teams it seems.

35 minutes ago, Ludo*1 said:

Neil Barrett was up there with Jim Duffy's poorest signings for us. Barrett is just lucky that Duffy went on to replace Julian Speroni with Kelvin Jack, Lee Wilkie with Joel Kitamarike and Fab Cab with Jacquinto.

He spoke about it on a Livi podcast a while ago, I think he mentioned at the time he never wanted to leave and it was one of his biggest regrets. He let his agent (sacked him now) get into his head and tell him that Livi were paying folk double what he was, we'd offered him a new deal about January/December time but his agent told him that we were offering similar players £700-£800 extra.  

I think we may have slowly phased him out the team if he did stay though as he played in the CDM role that Bartley came in to fill and as much as he is a baller, he would've struggled to push Bartley out the team. Even at that, as soon as we knew he was turning down a deal (even with a year or so left) we just dropped him and tried to move forward. I'm glad we didn't stand in his way, and from what I know the fee was probably just buying out the last year of his contract. He deserved to go somewhere where he felt he was getting what he deserved, just a shame a shitey agent ended up pushing him out the door at Livi.

I think at the time Dundee made a lot of sense for him with him losing his parents, I think he lost his mum when he was with us and his dad at a young age. Having to take care of a young family meant a bit of continued stability for him at a good level and a family club would've done him a lot of good. Genuinely a lovely guy that's been through a horrific time, we had our Chief Executive back and represent him at an SFA tribunal for betting around the same time of his mum's passing. 

I'd love to see him back one day. In fact is this his last year of his deal? 

21 minutes ago, ATLIS said:

He spoke about it on a Livi podcast a while ago, I think he mentioned at the time he never wanted to leave and it was one of his biggest regrets. He let his agent (sacked him now) get into his head and tell him that Livi were paying folk double what he was, we'd offered him a new deal about January/December time but his agent told him that we were offering similar players £700-£800 extra.  

I think we may have slowly phased him out the team if he did stay though as he played in the CDM role that Bartley came in to fill and as much as he is a baller, he would've struggled to push Bartley out the team. Even at that, as soon as we knew he was turning down a deal (even with a year or so left) we just dropped him and tried to move forward. I'm glad we didn't stand in his way, and from what I know the fee was probably just buying out the last year of his contract. He deserved to go somewhere where he felt he was getting what he deserved, just a shame a shitey agent ended up pushing him out the door at Livi.

I think at the time Dundee made a lot of sense for him with him losing his parents, I think he lost his mum when he was with us and his dad at a young age. Having to take care of a young family meant a bit of continued stability for him at a good level and a family club would've done him a lot of good. Genuinely a lovely guy that's been through a horrific time, we had our Chief Executive back and represent him at an SFA tribunal for betting around the same time of his mum's passing. 

I'd love to see him back one day. In fact is this his last year of his deal? 

Same agent as Scott Robinson and Liam Kelly funnily enough

1 hour ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Technically yes, but he has an option for another year, and we'd be crazy not to trigger it tbh.

Isn’t it his choice? So if he wanted to leave he wouldn’t trigger it? Not sure the club gets a say but I could be wrong.

10 hours ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Depends on the outcome of the game, if we lose to a spawny Dundee goal/dodgy decision, then i'll be driving up to Dundee post match to kick f**k out of every Dundee supporter i can find.

See the source image

Nae bother.

You couldn't punch a phone number in you fucking melt.

Thank you.

Was meant to be taking my 5 year old to his first ever game tomorrow but he's been off school last 2 days feeling shite.  Got everything crossed the wee dumpling recovers in time to watch wee Leigh back at home scoring a hat trick against that rabble.

Was meant to be taking my 5 year old to his first ever game tomorrow but he's been off school last 2 days feeling shite.  Got everything crossed the wee dumpling recovers in time to watch wee Leigh back at home scoring a hat trick against that rabble.
No sure taking kids to see uncle Leigh is a wise move

9 minutes ago, Cptn Hooch said:
1 hour ago, The Derry said:

No sure taking kids to see uncle Leigh is a wise move

Please see my earlier post about anyone wanting a fight.  Consider yourself the chosen one ya bam