Dundee FC vs Livingston - 11/9/21

It's interesting to see how confident some Livi supporters are about winning at Dens.  Presumably it's because Charlie Adam is injured and they're playing a newly promoted side.  Dundee really should have more points on the board rather than the two we've managed and I think Livi are in for a much tougher match than some of their supporters think.  If we play the way we can then Dundee will win although I wouldn't put it past Livi sneaking an undeserved draw or even a victory if the referee awards them a penalty.  Three in four games against us is rather a lot and two of them were very controversial. 

40 minutes ago, mev said:

It's interesting to see how confident some Livi supporters are about winning at Dens.  Presumably it's because Charlie Adam is injured and they're playing a newly promoted side.  Dundee really should have more points on the board rather than the two we've managed and I think Livi are in for a much tougher match than some of their supporters think.  If we play the way we can then Dundee will win although I wouldn't put it past Livi sneaking an undeserved draw or even a victory if the referee awards them a penalty.  Three in four games against us is rather a lot and two of them were very controversial. 

No Livi fan is confident. It's all false bravado. Our team has been ravaged with illness and COVID and to be honest, on paper, Dundee are the easiest of the opening 5 games we have and knowing we have 3 tough games following this one, we kind of need to get something to kickstart the season.  We are bottom after playing Rangers and Hibs away, Motherwell and Aberdeen at home. We were soundly beaten in both away games and unlucky in both home games. 

Griffiths is an outstanding signing for Dundee and just what we didn't want for this game but we have some good players of our own coming back from injury and illness. 

I reckon we may see a team similar to this:- 

Stryjeck

Devlin  Obileye  Fitz  Longridge

Holt Shinnie Sibbald

Bailey   Forrest

Anderson

Subs - Bardon, Parkes, Penrice, Lewis, Jacobs, Montano, Hamilton

1 hour ago, mev said:

Heaven forbid anyone should think they would have a chance against Dundee at Dens, how absolute fucking dare they, the nerve of them.

48 minutes ago, spiggle said:

Stryjeck

Devlin  Obileye  Fitz  Longridge

Holt Shinnie Sibbald

Bailey   Forrest

Anderson

Subs - Bardon, Parkes, Penrice, Lewis, Jacobs, Montano, Hamilton

Not a great start when 2 of your starting 11 aren't even the best players in their house

6 hours ago, Girth said:

Livingston got any decent players we could nick for peanuts please?

Absolute super star defender we've got, and it's a real shame as he's on a 1 year deal too. Looks like Dundee could be set to sign this world class CB

See the source image

Unfortunately he may arrive with broken ribs but insist he's fine to keep playing.

Other than that the precedent has been set with Dykes, £2m or piss aff :D 

Edited by ATLIS

You're obviously too young to remember Kachloul-gate. Fucking b*****ds.

Nah, I’m so old I forget stuff! In that instance Livi chanced their luck and the authorities bottled it. However on balance you’re right. Livi are fucking b*****dos.

How has Shinnie been looking lads?

Just now, Fifespud said:

Nah, I’m so old I forget stuff! In that instance Livi chanced their luck and the authorities bottled it. However on balance you’re right. Livi are fucking b*****dos.

How has Shinnie been looking lads?

He's been okay, think he's only played 2 games so far though as he'd been carrying an injury. By all accounts though looks to be a solid player definitely good to have at this level anyway

50 minutes ago, RossBFaeDundee said:

Wanted Scott Pittman for years, but now he's regressing and we have super Jordan McGhee, so not even he's one on my list.

No chance Pittman is ever leaving Livi, knocked back offers from Aberdeen twice. Wouldn't say he's regressing, just been played in weird positions this season, and wasted as a holding mid playing to cover our RWB.

Strange season for us with injuries, illness, and a big turnover of players making it a difficult start, hopefully it'll settle down and we'll get into our stride with everyone fully fit and gelled.