Dundee FC vs Livingston - 11/9/21

Shouldn't that be Livi old boys vs Livi New boys?

Strange one - should be a fixture were jumping at but its difficult to get excited about this and that's no disrespect to James and his team. Its a guarantee we'll be winning this 1-0 until the sixtieth minutes when we concede due to a predictable defensive mix up. Will look like we're drifting to the inevitable 1-1 snore-fest only for another 90th minute lapse.

Would be extremely happy to be proved wrong though but currently struggle to see anything but a narrow Dundee victory.

EDIT - Ignore that; I cannot swallow the idea that we will head into our home game against Celtic with zero points still on the board. However illogical I'm going for a 2- nil Livi victory.

There are no easy games in the Premiership and Livi are no pushovers despite their poor start.  We are just as prone to defensive errors as Livi are and referees seem unafraid of awarding penalties against us.  We lost to a very poor Motherwell side despite dominating possession so need to start taking our chances and cutting out the defensive lapses.  I'm going for a narrow Dundee win with Livi trying to park the bus but it could just as easily go the other way.

3 hours ago, mev said:

There are no easy games in the Premiership and Livi are no pushovers despite their poor start.  We are just as prone to defensive errors as Livi are and referees seem unafraid of awarding penalties against us.  We lost to a very poor Motherwell side despite dominating possession so need to start taking our chances and cutting out the defensive lapses.  I'm going for a narrow Dundee win with Livi trying to park the bus but it could just as easily go the other way.

Sparky or Adam's taking free kicks is a worry, because we're shite at defending them.

Just now, capt_oats said:

Adam injured himself taking a throw in and is out for 6 weeks. So that's something.

Big loss for Dundee that, just Griffiths to worry about then, hopefully he's a bit rusty at taking set pieces.

Our best player for set pieces is Josh Mullin, and we sent him out on loan to Accies, now we're left with only Sibbald that can take a reasonable one, the rest are absolute shite. Big Obileye is a threat for us getting onto a high ball, so we keep taking short corners and low balls into the box, genius tactics if the aim is not to score goals from them. Watching Motherwell was like Livi 2 or 3 seasons ago, with your long throw ins, but we've stopped doing those too now.

3 minutes ago, LIVIFOREVER said:

Big loss for Dundee that, just Griffiths to worry about then, hopefully he's a bit rusty at taking set pieces.

Our best player for set pieces is Josh Mullin, and we sent him out on loan to Accies, now we're left with only Sibbald that can take a reasonable one, the rest are absolute shite. Big Obileye is a threat for us getting onto a high ball, so we keep taking short corners and low balls into the box, genius tactics if the aim is not to score goals from them. Watching Motherwell was like Livi 2 or 3 seasons ago, with your long throw ins, but we've stopped doing those too now.

Aye. It's probably fair to say Adam going off against us was a turning point in the game. Not to say we wouldn't still have won like but it definitely threw Dundee off their stride.

We scored about 5 minutes later and for the rest of the game for all Dundee's possession Kelly barely had anything more than a couple of routine saves to make.

21 hours ago, Durnford said:

EDIT - Ignore that; I cannot swallow the idea that we will head into our home game against Celtic with zero points still on the board. However illogical I'm going for a 2- nil Livi victory.

This is what gives me the fear. 

There's absolutely no logic to it, but when you look at Livi's next 3 fixtures after this, failing to get at least a draw here would put them odds-on to go into October without a single point. Which just seems so unlikely.

23 minutes ago, The Master said:

This is what gives me the fear. 

There's absolutely no logic to it, but when you look at Livi's next 3 fixtures after this, failing to get at least a draw here would put them odds-on to go into October without a single point. Which just seems so unlikely.

We'll probably beat Celtic on the astro, we've yet to lose a game to them on it.

With Adam out I think we will start Cumdog and Griffiths. I’ll be very surprised if we lose this, but I’ve been very surprised often. Quite like Livi actually, the way they’ve hauled themselves up by the bootstraps is totally admirable.

Looks like we've got Montano and Lewis back fully fit for this
Excited for Montano.
Lewis hasn't impressed me at all. His lack of actually being able to pass a ball doesn't fill me with a huge amount of confidence.
But Steven Gerrard said he was good once, so he must be good, right?

13 hours ago, Fifespud said:

With Adam out I think we will start Cumdog and Griffiths. I’ll be very surprised if we lose this, but I’ve been very surprised often. Quite like Livi actually, the way they’ve hauled themselves up by the bootstraps is totally admirable.

You're obviously too young to remember Kachloul-gate. Fucking b*****ds.