Clyde vs Cove

Looks like we've gone 3-5-2. You can understand two up given how much pressure we'd have to soak up otherwise. And the extra man at the back too, while keeping three in the middle arguably papers over the cracks that'd show with a two in either line.

Cove have lethargic back line and they're missing a few of course.

What we'll have to worry about is keeping the marking right within the shape and all of that. Some nervous moments early on in that regard.

That said, a good, if easy, counter attacking opener is in line with how you'd want us to pick off Cove.

Bit worried about holding onto it but let's see.

Vigurs did the same thing against Hearts, said it before on here gives it away far too cheaply at times in dangerous places but is undroppable according to PH. For an "experienced pro" he's a liability at times.

How Gourlay spills that is anybodys guess. Will we get on our number 1 keeper - no chance. Gourlay can cost us many goals and points and will retain his spot every week it seems

Edited by CoveRangers1922

2-0 and Clyde barely needed to work for their goals. Story of our season so far. Can't get our best back 4 out on the park and the dross that are getting drafted in is costing us massively.

Hartley needs to grow a pair and get Gourlay benched. How in the world he starts over McKenzie is an embarrssment to the club.

Only 2 outfield subs. We will stick Masson on for Leitch who has looked poor, soon the better we make that change. Masson will strengthen and give a goal threat. McIntosh for Neill, Jevan will move to CB.

Need a quick goal after the break to put pressure on the home side and who knows what could happen

While the lead has been gifted to us, you can see the virtue in a second forward and a third central defender. Cove are the only team I've seen so far whose forwards play quite close together and show a really good understanding and intelligence. Their midfield link well with them at times too. The third body back with them has definitely stopped them at a couple of important moments. And Nicoll in front, micromanaged though he has been, has been a good shield so far.

On the flipside, players like Neill while they're excellent at the basics, have errors in them on sticky pitches and with space round about them. That's been put up in lights today.

All that said, Cove are still good enough to pull it back, so we should be just as cautious in the second half. Keep it tight for twenty.

9 minutes ago, CoveRangers1922 said:

Well done Clyde. Still unbeaten against Cove. Good 3 points today.

Cove can feel hard done by but ultimately didn't do enough and defensive frailties cost us extremely dear again. 

When was our last clean sheet? I’m absolutely baffled Gourlay continues to play in goal 

5 minutes ago, JamesMunro said:

When was our last clean sheet? I’m absolutely baffled Gourlay continues to play in goal 

We've played 9 now since the season started and failed to keep 1 clean sheet. Gourlay played 8 of them. Back 4 changing ever week doesn't help but defence must look behind them and be full of dread.

Doesn't take a genius to look at last season's L1 keeper  of the year (who is sitting on the bench and would rightly be fuming) and with the above stat come to the conclusion that Gourlay is a contributor to our goals conceded. 

Hartley can moan all he likes and say we created some chances but he needs to take the FULL BRUNT. He picks Gourlay and his recruitment has not been good enough.

Also man for man we didn't perform. Even Yule our mainstay wasn't his usual self. No standouts for me.

2 minutes ago, BullyWeeStonehouse said:

I put Cove on my coupon so we were always going to win today. I’m going to start betting against us every week now. 

So did I. HT/FT Cove - how wrong could I be.

My other 3 came in; Partick HT/FT, QoS vs Hamilton BTTS and Stirling Albion to win :(