Montrose vs Dumbarton

4 minutes ago, GordyBrow said:

Was I happy when Airdrie kept the ball in the corner for what felt like an infinite amount of time last season? No. Did I grudgingly respect the display of utter shithousery? Yes.

That's part of the game.  Keepers repeatedly acting the c*** when the opposition players are offering him the ball shouldn't be.

8 minutes ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

That's part of the game.  Keepers repeatedly acting the c*** when the opposition players are offering him the ball shouldn't be.

That's where the referee should be doing what they're paid to do. 

8 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

How can we be certain that these were Faz's tactics ?  Maybe we just didn't have the players willing or capable of taking the game to Montrose in the scond-half ?

I’d like to think the players were following the managers instructions rather than just deciding amongst themselves to camp in their own half. The change in tactic was noticeable vs the 1st half and Faz’s post match comments suggests he thought we were playing Bayern Munich at the Allianz, not Montrose at Links Park. I’d say we had plenty of players who are capable of taking the game to them - MacLean, Wilson, Orsi, Schiavone and Duthie were all on the park at some point in the 2nd half yesterday. I don’t mind playing Paton and Carswell together when we have 4 attacking players infront of them, especially away from home, we looked decent enough doing it in the first half.

41 minutes ago, Turnberry Fields Forever said:

How can we be certain that these were Faz's tactics ?  Maybe we just didn't have the players willing or capable of taking the game to Montrose in the scond-half ?

Aye, this was what I was meaning about Dumbarton supporters being concerned. My feeling was that Dumbarton were forced back rather than sitting in to soak up.

It seemed a real Jekyll and Hyde performance but I'm not sure if that was Dumbarton's level dipping in the second half or Montrose finally finding their feet after a poor first half.

I must say though, it made for a cracking match.

Edited by Bogbrush1903

We sat in at Clyde in the second half and tried to protect a 2-0 lead, it's obviously how Faz likes to see out that situation. The difference being that Clyde were toothless and we could counter but Montrose are a better side that stopped us getting out. Not how I would like to see us do things, I'd rather we kept the pressure on for a third but we've won both games using those tactics from a 2-0 lead so I'm happy to trust the big yin for now.

On the subject of playing for time, had we done the same against Clyde we would be sitting top of the league.  2-0 up with minutes remaining we were pressing for a third. Mason crashed one off the crossbar. 10 seconds later Clyde scored. A couple of minutes later they scored again. Had they played for time, the Mo would have had a comfortable win.

50 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

On the subject of playing for time, had we done the same against Clyde we would be sitting top of the league.  2-0 up with minutes remaining we were pressing for a third. Mason crashed one off the crossbar. 10 seconds later Clyde scored. A couple of minutes later they scored again. Had they played for time, the Mo would have had a comfortable win.

Integrity is better than points, PortyMo. Who wants to be top of the league when you can look back on the season and remember how dignified your team were in throwing away points.