Montrose vs Dumbarton

Looks like it's only taken 4 games for complete apathy to set in. Sons fans I understand remaining quiet, we're conceding a lot of goals and rarely have we performed up at Links Park since the days of Stephen Dobbie. The Mo' fans on the other hand I would've thought were a bit more positive heading into this game.

Would be nice to have a fully fit team available. Would be nice to not go through a 5 minute period where we lose the game. Would be nice if a striker scored a goal. 

looking forward to this game, given current form Montrose should easily take the 3 points.  Not getting too ahead of myself though, but been really impressed with how we have played so far in the league this season.

At least you have a striker, we are still crying out for one!

Tempted to drive up. Fancy a visit to Mo Fidelity before the game. Depends if I manage the rest of this train journey without murdering the folk in the seats in front right enough. 

I'd like to see us playing wide. Long balls aren't the answer. Play on the deck and get our fullbacks supporting midfield to really let the wide forwards run at opponents. It shouldn't  take us until 2-0 down to realise what works for us and how we can get ourselves into games.

I’d be trying something different this week. We look absolutely toothless up top and we are rotten at the back so we may as well go for the old Murray tactic of just trying to outscore the opposition. Orsi likes to drop deep to receive the ball so partner him with Schiavone (who knows if he’s any good) and see what happens. You could have Duthie in for Wilson but I reckon he’d actually do well out wide, he has a decent delivery, he’s quick and he can beat a man. He’s pretty tenacious and energetic as well so he should be able to cover the full back when required.

3F32C021-632A-4EDC-BF28-44C86B817B92.jpeg.3223540c987d4b9f764b8d89028dd352.jpeg

16 hours ago, Bring Back Paddy Flannery said:

I’d be trying something different this week. 

3F32C021-632A-4EDC-BF28-44C86B817B92.jpeg.3223540c987d4b9f764b8d89028dd352.jpeg

I couldn't help but notice that all of your players' jerseys are facing away from the goal that you are meant to be attacking - is this some sort of Italian-inspired formation? Now that is different.😋

Edited by Bairn in Exile

Sons missing  Evan Maley, Calum Erskine, Andy Geggan, Joe McKee, Mark Lamont and Kristoffer Syvertsen. Hopkirk also missing as he has to isolate.

I think we're pretty much guaranteed to line up:

Ramsbottom

Lynch

Buchanan

McGeever

Boyle

Paton

Carswell

Duthie

Wilson

McLean

Orsi

I think Carlo will start on the bench.

Which isnt a bad line up at all, but we really need to start the game the way we started the 2nd half last week. High press from Orsi, the 2 wide forwards and Wilson. Get the ball wide and run at the Montrose defence. Quick crosses across the face of the box for players to try and find/run onto rather than high crosses to Orsi, who isnt going to win them in the air. We can't afford the same mistakes as the first half v Cove and we can't afford to only play at half time when we're 2 goals behind.

14 minutes ago, PortyMo said:

Don't expect many changes in the Mo line up with SP sticking to the guys that have started the season so we'll. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 

STICK A 100 QUID ON THE SUPER MO..WE HAVE NO CHANCE AT THIS JUNCTURE OF THE SEASON.WE MAY GET BETTER AS THE SEASON PROGRESSES AND THE MO ARE THE STANDARD WE SHOULD BE AIMING FOR.

I’m not quite sure I understand the logic of playing Pignatiello at right mid whilst we have a winger up front and a supposed striker sitting on the bench. The signing of Schiavone is looking more pointless with each passing week, if he’s not good enough to start why sign him?

Despite the fairly odd choice of certain players in unnatural positions I’m glad to see we at least appear to be partnering Orsi with someone. Hopefully it pays off.

Well that was enjoyable. MacLean up top with Orsi in behind is working well and we have looked solid at the back for a change. After the goals we’ve let Montrose have plenty of the ball but they haven’t created a great deal. I’m hoping we don’t just sit back in the 2nd half, I’d like to see us try to kill the game off.

I don’t know if it’s the lack of commentary on the stream but the seethe emitting from the home end is palpable. Chill out boys, it’s a lovely day and you’re out at the football. I even heard an audible shout of “west coast bias” at one point.

Im sitting in with the home fans. And a former Scotland manager.

Reckons the free kick for the first goal wasn't a foul. McLean play for the 2nd was excellent - I watched his run and he looked to have timed the run perfectly. Not offside from my view up here.

I think that their first penalty shout was a penalty. We got away with one there.

Also had a great view of the McLean incident. He probably was a bit winded with the way he fell. He was off the park but made sure he rolled onto it to stop the Montrose throw in. Absolutely no need. He'd have been told to get off the park anyway after Kirsten treated him so all it did is delay the game. It was needless and  I don’t like cheap gamesmanship.

Looking good so far. Montrose not playing with any fluidity and they look worried by our pace on the break.

Edited by BallochSonsFan

4 minutes ago, BallochSonsFan said:

Also had a great view of the McLean incident. He probably was a bit winded with the way he fell. He was off the park but made sure he rolled onto it to stop the Montrose throw in. Absolutely no need. He'd have been told to get off the park anyway after Kirsten treated him so all it did is delay the game. It was needless and  I don’t like cheap gamesmanship.

It looked like he took a sore one in the old cobblers? I have no issue with a player doing that if it’s cuts down on the amount of time we are playing with ten men. After he gets treated he’ll be allowed on pretty much straight away. Not a huge deal IMO.