Aberdeen v Ach, who the f**k are we playing again ? Looks at Google. Oh, aye..Ross County.

Guest Bob Mahelp

1 minute ago, Merkland Red said:

It's his defending I'm worried about. He struggled against Oli Shaw in the air. Yes he's tall but Gallagher should be bullying him there. I can forgive him being ponderous in his decision making at the moment but McCrorie looks streets ahead of him.

Hmm. I'm happy to persist with McCrorie at centre-back because I think he has the attributes to become an important player at centre-back in this type of team, but I wouldn't say he looks "streets ahead" of Gallagher defensively at all. Maybe I need to see it back, but I thought McCrorie should have been dealing better with the cross for the goal, for example. 

I'm definitely not arguing that Gallagher has been great since he came in, by the way, but I'm not convinced he has been as bad as some are making out, either. 

He pretty much looks like what I thought we were getting: a serviceable Scottish Premiership centre-back. 

1 minute ago, DrewDon said:

Hmm. I'm happy to persist with McCrorie at centre-back because I think he has the attributes to become an important player at centre-back in this type of team, but I wouldn't say he looks "streets ahead" of Gallagher defensively at all. Maybe I need to see it back, but I thought McCrorie should have been dealing better with the cross for the goal, for example. 

I'm definitely not arguing that Gallagher has been great since he came in, by the way, but I'm not convinced he has been as bad as some are making out, either. 

He pretty much looks like what I thought we were getting: a serviceable Scottish Premiership centre-back. 

Streets ahead in general. By no means is McCrorie the finished product though.

I was impressed with County today although the time wasting was wearing thin and veered beyond shithousery by the end. Will be interesting to see how they get on when the onus is on them to win.

25 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

It's his defending I'm worried about. He struggled against Oli Shaw in the air. Yes he's tall but Gallagher should be bullying him there. I can forgive him being ponderous in his decision making at the moment but McCrorie looks streets ahead of him.

Declan Gallagher? This Declan Gallagher?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

As a few of us said at the time, it really looks like his peak was the 19/20 season we had him. I'd be surprised if he keeps his place in the Scotland squad much longer.

Edited by capt_oats

51 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

We'll be fine. Samuels and Watkins were causing issues with their pace. Unfortunately they were taking up the wrong spaces. International break has come at a good time in that regard.

Gallagher will be a squad player by Christmas.

Yes we’ll be fine offensively but I’ve said it a few times already, you can’t be successful conceding that many chances in every single game. 

Just now, CCB19035 said:

No. Getting rid of him wasn't ever going to be the error, who we replaced him with, was the thing that could be the error. 

Jury is going to out until the end of the season probably. 

It's early days for sure. Playing better football has to be a plus.  You are out of 2/4 trophies already although the transition will take a while. Would you take 4th behind Hibs this season?

Thought we showed decent character to grind out a point.

Really enjoyed us playing on while their player was injured, only because it came on the back of some blatant timewasting. Our failure to play the ball into their right back area where Cambell had no one within 20 yards of him was a worrying sign of a lack of intelligence in the team. 

Ross cos attack looked decent. Was surprised that Callaghan didn't go to a slightly bigger club (eg Tayside) after last season but he caused us problems. Might just be because our defence is shit. 

We were poor but not without some good points. 

1 minute ago, coprolite said:

Thought we showed decent character to grind out a point.

Really enjoyed us playing on while their player was injured, only because it came on the back of some blatant timewasting. Our failure to play the ball into their right back area where Cambell had no one within 20 yards of him was a worrying sign of a lack of intelligence in the team. 

Ross cos attack looked decent. Was surprised that Callaghan didn't go to a slightly bigger club (eg Tayside) after last season but he caused us problems. Might just be because our defence is shit. 

We were poor but not without some good points. 

Agree with this. Think all the doom and gloom is a bit much. 

I'm at the other end of the stadium so didn't have a great view but it looked like Samuels missed a sitter early on. County defenders throwing themselves in front of everything. Wasn't like we huffed and puffed with no reward.

19 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Agree with this. Think all the doom and gloom is a bit much. 

I'm at the other end of the stadium so didn't have a great view but it looked like Samuels missed a sitter early on. County defenders throwing themselves in front of everything. Wasn't like we huffed and puffed with no reward.

Samuels was offside. 

A very mixed performance with the defence looking shaky yet again. Gallagher looks all at sea at present. That said considering only Lewis, McCrorie and Ferguson of today's starting XI were McInnes regulars last season and we are very much a team trying to gel and have already got 8 points from 4 games it's been an okay start in the League.

Is Longstaff the pre-emptive replacement for Ferguson, or if he leaves are we likely to get someone else in?

Samuels looked better than I expected.  I like Ross McCrorie, but 12 months since he joined and I still don't know what position we should play him in.  Campbell was competent at left-back but none of the three CMs who started the game did well, though Longstaff playing head high balls sideways to Brown didn't help.

11 minutes ago, gazelle83 said:

Shocking result, slightly worrying drawing with 75% possession and 23 shots. Hopefully bates in defence and mcrorrie in midfield will solidify us. 

Football is good atleast.

That was the thing. I left miffed at the result but some of the football was really good. 

By the end of the last reign a 1-1 had usually consisted of lots of long balls to the striker down the channels or aimless crosses.