Edinburgh city Vs. Elgin City

I've not seen it advertised anywhere, but I believe there's a football match on at Ainslie Park on Friday night!

Elgin are always a good team, and provide a tough test to every team in League Two.

We all know by now Edinburgh City have not been as good this season.

However, it seems there have been a bit more promise the last two weekends that a reasonable team might be developing.

I don't see many goals in this one, and so predict 1-0 either way!

Enjoy!

35 minutes ago, Tenkay said:

I've not seen it advertised anywhere, but I believe there's a football match on at Ainslie Park on Friday night!

Elgin are always a good team, and provide a tough test to every team in League Two.

We all know by now Edinburgh City have not been as good this season.

However, it seems there have been a bit more promise the last two weekends that a reasonable team might be developing.

I don't see many goals in this one, and so predict 1-0 either way!

Enjoy!

Tickets and match details were advertised on Monday on Twitter and Facebook. I suspect they will probably be advertised again tonight and tomorrow..

Score prediction: 3-1 to us .

(Robbo x2, Shanley)

Edited by Good Citizen Bad Citizen
Typo

16 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

Tickets and match details were advertised on Monday on Twitter and Facebook. I suspect they will probably be advertised again tonight and tomorrow..

(Robbo x2, Shanley)

Love this optimism. I bought my ticket this morning and I'm dragging my mate along for his first City game too... Hope he's a good luck charm!

Prediction: Edinburgh City 2 Elgin City 0

17 minutes ago, Good Citizen Bad Citizen said:

(Robbo x2, Shanley)

Admire the confidence in the team scoring goals.😂

I'm hoping that once they actually get some, they'll start flowing but so far, I've real doubts. Really need to keep a clean sheet. Havent managed it yet this season. We cant rely on Schwake performing heroics every week either.

Think I'll head along to this one, Friday night games are a bit of a novelty so might as well make the most of it. The forecast looks cracking too. The last time I was at Ainslie Park was the 1-1 draw in November 2019. Hester gave Edinburgh real problems that day from memory so hopefully more of the same tomorrow.

Taking my brother and his mate to this while they’re up from from Hull (He was a bit disappointed that we weren’t in Meadowbank already).

I’m slightly optimistic for this, can’t exactly see us scoring a shed load but you never know. I’ll predict a bum squeaking 1-0 win.

4 hours ago, Bay Citizen said:

Taking my brother and his mate to this while they’re up from from Hull (He was a bit disappointed that we weren’t in Meadowbank already).

I’m slightly optimistic for this, can’t exactly see us scoring a shed load but you never know. I’ll predict a bum squeaking 1-0 win.

From Hull to Hell ..

It all depends on which Elgin team turn up. The good Elgin will probably win about 3-0 although last week's defensive performance wasn't too bad.

The bad Elgin will waste about a hundred chances and lose to a ridiculous sclaffed goal.

Friday night league 2 action between two good sides easily lured me into buying a ticket for the stream.

Both should be serious playoff contenders. Must admit will be cheering on Elgin. Been to Borough Briggs quite a few times and always been impressed with their setup, even when they thumped us 3-0!

Particularly looking forward to seeing Kane Hester who could easily be playing L1/Championship. 

7 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

The shite Elgin have turned up then...

Fast start from Edinburgh City but the defending from Elgin was very poor. Commentators having a nightmare identifying players and even the scorers; are they sitting behind a pillar or peering in over the fence!

Edited by CoveRangers1922

Guess which idiot turned up at this without a jacket on because it was sunny when I left the house. Reckon that’ll be me in bed with the cold for a week.

3rd lower league game I’ve made it along to this season and I enjoyed it.

Back in my slightly younger days I used to find myself arguing with Danny Handling a lot on twitter when he was a bit of a p***k during his time at Hibs and I did laugh when he scored and celebrated both goals right in front of me, he did look very good in fairness, as did Daniel Jardine.

Elgin really didn’t offer much at all which was surprising, had them down in my head as the team that would finish 3rd this season but they didn’t show anything to suggest that to be the case.

Love a bit of Friday night fitba, looking forward to when City get back to Meadowbank, will definitely go more often, only a 20 minute stroll from my flat.

I enjoyed last night. Especially the first 20 minutes!

I think Handling’s opener was after about 9 seconds. Outrageous stuff. City caught Elgin cold and ran them ragged early which was great for us to see. 

I felt Toshney having to go off disrupted us, Elgin came into the game a bit more but even still, rarely threatened.

Second half was a bit more direct and long, but there were still some nice passages of play. 

Clean sheet, 2-0, I’ll take that. Hopefully some of the injured lads make some progress in the next few weeks and can get into contention for the Stranraer game.

Edited by Pete83