Stirling Albion vs Stirling Albion 'B' Team (aka Wee Rovers)

What's everyone's thoughts on this one? 

On paper, should be a comfortable home win, but we just don't do comfortable home wins anymore, so I'd expect there to be tons of frustration on show, but hopefully we can come away with aw the points. 

We'll also probably see first hand evidence of why we let go the wrong keeper over the summer. And I'm sure one of the other million ex-Beanos in the Rovers side will want to prove a point. It's all set up for a Div Wilson howitzer from a free kick followed by a Cammy Binnie penalty save. 

2-1 to us then, but only just. 

Let’s hope we have turned the corner with the good win last week at Stranraer and that we continue to get all 3 points at home on Saturday.

As you say it’s been a while since we last won at home in the League surely not even with the high number of ex Binos at Rovers can they leave Forthbank with the points but you never know.
It’s time the team gave the fans something to cheer about at home and all 3 points safely in the bag at 4.50 will do nicely.

Prediction Binos 2 Albion Reserves 0 [emoji3]

Despite losing at home to Kelty, I still think Stirling Albion will finish in the top  two this season!

For this game, you'd expect an easy home win, but it's also this type of match you usually get a surprise result! (Especially with a few former players returning).

On 27/08/2021 at 08:14, Vodka Vic said:

1-0 to the Albion 😜

Don’t know if I can trust you. Last season you reckoned AR were relegation certainties and they were far from it. Byrne scored my fav goal last season against Cowden. Early in the season I’m always generous. 
Scoring draw.

On 26/08/2021 at 14:18, Chris_the_rover said:

We have blown hot and cold this season but I suspect Stirling will be too strong for us,

We did sign 5 Stirling albion players in the summer, but to be fair, 3 of them were at us the season before, Aldin, Roberts and Byrne

Is one win in nine competitive matches "hot and cold"? 

Good win in the end but first half felt we were poor, took a great strike from Kurtis Robert’s to put us in front in the 2nd half. Typical of us we allow Rovers to equalise but all credit to the team they just kept up the pressure and we’re rewarded with a penalty scored by Dale Carrick. Should have had more late on the game but Sean Heaver missed 2 good chances to extend our lead.
Still it’s a home win and another 3 points on the road to the playoffs at least hopefully. [emoji3]

On 26/08/2021 at 11:36, StewartyMac said:

2-1 to us then, but only just. 

Wish I'd put a tenner on it 🤣

Not too much to say about that game, we were murder in the first half, but clearly the better side in the 2nd. Lost our customary daft goal at home, but in the end we created enough chances to have won the game more comfortably. Sean Heaver has probably blown his chance of getting a start anytime soon with two howling misses late on. 

A great advert for not having summer football, I much prefer watching the players tear about at 100mph in the pishing rain, rather than roasting hot weather and fucking drinks breaks. 'Mon the winter. 

First half we really did struggle. Especially first 20 minutes when Rovers did a lot of probing. 

However we eventually got into our stride. Second half we were pretty dominant and played some good football at times. Rovers looked shot by the end. 

Not bad to get 3 points given our poor home record and given 3 of our first choice back 4 were out. Kyle Banner isn’t a full back. Which is probably why he blundered for the goal we lost. 

Feel for Sean Heaver. He hardly plays and he executed his 2 great chances with all the authority of someone who is lacking match practice and confidence. 

It’s all been said above but I was convinced the game was heading to a 0-0 stalemate before Kurtis Roberts struck, both teams really did miss that umph in the final third but thankfully we had that little bit of extra quality that saw us pick up the points.

Not sure what the penalty was actually for, but hopefully that will give Carrick a wee bit of a confidence boost. As for confidence, Sean Heaver’s will probably be in the bin after missing those 2 opportunities, thankfully it didn’t cost us though, and a good 3 points in the bag.

Special shout out the the vocal Albion Rovers support, well done “lads” and one of you was even lucky enough to bag the winning Half Time Draw ticket [emoji1319]

Might be proven wrong when the highlights pop up on YouTube but the penalty award looked soft in the extreme, not at all sure what it was for or who was fouled.

Feel a bit for Sean Heaver, a bit more match practice and he sticks at least one of those late chances away, I would like to see him get more game time as he offers a different kind of option up top to Dylan Mackin who KR clearly likes for his physical presence but has all the mobility of a milk float trying to do a three point turn and is a bit painful to watch at times. 

No sign of Dylan Bikey again I notice, beginning to think his purple patch at the Binos a few years ago was no more than that... has contributed the square root of her haw for varying reasons the last year or so, clearly has fitness issues but I get the feeling that the manager just doesn't rate the Bikey of just now and beginning to look like a waste of a contract for a guy who either can't get fit or motivated, either way something isn't right there.

16 minutes ago, Flybhoy said:

Might be proven wrong when the highlights pop up on YouTube but the penalty award looked soft in the extreme, not at all sure what it was for or who was fouled.

Feel a bit for Sean Heaver, a bit more match practice and he sticks at least one of those late chances away, I would like to see him get more game time as he offers a different kind of option up top to Dylan Mackin who KR clearly likes for his physical presence but has all the mobility of a milk float trying to do a three point turn and is a bit painful to watch at times. 

No sign of Dylan Bikey again I notice, beginning to think his purple patch at the Binos a few years ago was no more than that... has contributed the square root of her haw for varying reasons the last year or so, clearly has fitness issues but I get the feeling that the manager just doesn't rate the Bikey of just now and beginning to look like a waste of a contract for a guy who either can't get fit or motivated, either way something isn't right there.

Dylan Bikey had authorised leave to attend a family wedding.

On 28/08/2021 at 21:52, headthebaw said:

Dylan Bikey had authorised leave to attend a family wedding.

The manager obviously doesn't fancy him, will he bother coming back?

I think someone hopes there will be a repeat of a brief four year old memory of what he could do.