Forfar v Stranraer

Guest mr_malcolm

Guest mr_malcolm
We're still unbeaten in the league!
But we're now not won in 3, when really we should've won them.

Especially the past 2 weeks , how shepherd didn’t use his head to get that cross into the net is beyond me

Very frustrating afternoon, should’ve/could’ve been out of sight but found ourselves fortunate not to lose a last minute winner. Matt has really gone off the boil, didn’t seem interested today. Steven Anderson and Andy Munro were fabulous at times.

Final third was constant crosses and high balls that the Stranraer defenders, all very tall, mopped up. Some lovely passing play at times from us but ineffective in the end.

We’re still unbeaten but it felt like a defeat today.

17 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Very frustrating afternoon, should’ve/could’ve been out of sight but found ourselves fortunate not to lose a last minute winner. Matt has really gone off the boil, didn’t seem interested today. Steven Anderson and Andy Munro were fabulous at times.

Final third was constant crosses and high balls that the Stranraer defenders, all very tall, mopped up. Some lovely passing play at times from us but ineffective in the end.

We’re still unbeaten but it felt like a defeat today.

Matty is still a fine striker, but yes maybe he has gone off the boil, slightly. Unfortunately Shepherd and Doris aren't there to take Matty's place when his form drops.

I'm glad Anderson has come back from injury strong. Him and Munro were comfortable and seem to have a good understanding. When Travis is back to full fitness it's 3 excellent CBs.

Guest mr_malcolm
Wasn't there today so apologies if we were robbed but 1-1 against a depleted Stranraer squad at the bottom of the league is just not good enough, pathetic really.

We had plenty chances , just no c**t can score !

2 hours ago, The Skelpit Lug said:

Wasn't there today so apologies if we were robbed but 1-1 against a depleted Stranraer squad at the bottom of the league is just not good enough, pathetic really.

Pathetic is OTT as was the booing at the end which was laughable tbh. Stranraer still had some decent and experienced players in their team and it's not like we had loads of options ourselves. I thought we played some good stuff again just couldn't get the ball in the net. We need a striker in, I wouldn't argue with that.

Thought it was Archie Thomas' best performance for us.

Edited by Jupiter Jazz

Guest mr_malcolm
Pathetic is OTT as was the booing at the end which was laughable tbh. Stranraer still had some decent and experienced players in their team and it's not like we had loads of options ourselves. I thought we played some good stuff again just couldn't get the ball in the net. We need a striker in, I wouldn't argue with that.
Thought it was Archie Thomas' best performance for us.

Archie has done really well the past few weeks . We are a Paul tosh away from having a right good team

As a diamond exiled to Kirriemuir l was at a loose end this afternoon so decided to pop along.

Really enjoyed the game. First half very even Forfar more composed but considering their absentees Stranraer showed good intent. 
Forfar scored deservedly so during a prolonged run of play. They then squandered a number of chances to stretch ahead.

Stranraer built back into the game and Duffy took his chance well.

Thete were then chances for both to win more for Forfar but in the end chances weren’t taken.

As always Station Park was a joy!

Said at the time that the referee might be made to feel silly for his repeated habit of leaving players lying on the deck for long spells, having decided that there was no free-kick to award.

He did that with Darryl Duffy late in the game, didn’t check on him - turns out the player has 3 dislocated bones following an awkward fall.