Forfar v Stranraer

Guest mr_malcolm

Guest mr_malcolm

Reading comments on here about Stranraers previous games sounds like they are having a tough time of it atm. The past 2 weeks for us have been games of 2 halves , a performance for the whole 90 minutes that we are capable of would make me confident of the 3 points .

Aitken had an off day for me up in Elgin , mcluskey looked useful so has to start so decision whether to play aitken or shepherd up front to be made .

Anderson looked decent enough at the back , reads the game very well . Grant Anderson always impresses me off the bench but hard to see him displacing pj or Thomson atm.

1 minute ago, Jupiter Jazz said:

Whit? Whit?

I wasn't at Elgin but every game I've been at Aitken has been all round very impressive. Shepherd errm eh...works hard.

Yup, can’t get my head around a Shephard rather than Aitken decision, why on earth would you not play a proven goal scorer at this level?

Aitken did have a poor game on Saturday but I'd start him over Shepherd every week as he's such a good target man and can put the ball in the net. I think Shepherd works very hard and constantly harasses defenders, which is great, but he's got very little footballing technique, just never seems to connect properly with the ball

Guest mr_malcolm

I didn’t say I preferred shepherd over aitken . I thought he looked a bit half arsed last weekend . Maybe confidence went after missing the 1 on 1 with their Keeper

On 25/08/2021 at 20:11, nofixedability said:

Yup, can’t get my head around a Shephard rather than Aitken decision, why on earth would you not play a proven goal scorer at this level?

To be fair, I wouldn’t class Aitken as a proven scorer at this level just yet, last season was his first hitting double figures. Would be like saying Josh Peters is a proven scorer because of that one season he was on fire for a few months.

On that note however, I’d rather have Doris partnered with Aitken. 

Guest mr_malcolm
To be fair, I wouldn’t class Aitken as a proven scorer at this level just yet, last season was his first hitting double figures. Would be like saying Josh Peters is a proven scorer because of that one season he was on fire for a few months.
On that note however, I’d rather have Doris partnered with Aitken. 

Doris is finished . Embarrasing when he comes on