Last minute transfer dash..

15 hours ago, O'Kelly Isley III said:

Wilson will benefit from regular starts.

He's nowhere near good enough for a regular start. He started in our very early league cup games and even started the first game of the season against Cove and he was shocking. He doesn't hold the ball in, he doesn't have the pace to stretch the lines and worst of all he does the fake jump that makes it look like he's actually trying to win a header but is never anywhere near it as he doesn't want it. 

47 minutes ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

How many loans are clubs allowed?

We can do with a goalkeeper, left back, centre back, left winger, right winger, creative midfielder and a striker.

That should do.

By my count we had 9 throughout last season (Butterworth, Henderson, Jack, Jamieson, Otoo, Palmer, Ritchie-Hosler, Shiels, Thomson). Although some did come in in the summer before returning to their parent club and some in January so not sure if there's a limit that you're allowed at the one time

53 minutes ago, David W said:

On the face of it, that seems like a great signing.

The Dundee fans give a glowing review of him and supposedly he's easy a level above L1. A few of the reviews stating he wouldn't look out of place in prem this season.

How do we slot him into our starting XI though is my concern. Is he too similar to what we have already? He sounds like a young Fyvie. Fyvie needs to start for me and PH hasn't subbed Vigurs once yet. Latter is who I'd be leaving out / rotating for Fin if he does look as promising.

Edited by CoveRangers1922

On 23/09/2021 at 11:06, CoveRangers1922 said:

Connell is a classy player and will do a fine job this season. Connor Smith who we had last season showed signs of promise and is a forward thinking attacking midfielder. 

Don't know much and Jack Thomson and Luis Longstaff. How are they getting on, impressed?

Connell strolled League 2 last season, I expect him to do similar this season.

Smith has been good in his sub appearances. He deserves a start tomorrow imo.

Longstaff looked the business on his debut against Airdrie in the challenge cup when he was full of tricks. Hasn't started since which has been strange.

Thomson has been a regular in midfield since we got injuries. He's quite a tidy player, decent passer but nothing spectacular. Thought last week at Clyde was his poorest game in midfield but he has shown some versatility by stepping into a back three a couple of times for tactical reasons. It worked well at Falkirk.