Denmark v Scotland

8 minutes ago, charger29 said:

I haven't looked back in detail

Standard on this forum, don't worry about it nobody does apparently - just shoot your mouth off and get your frustrations off your chest whether it's fair and balanced or not.

Edited by 2426255

6 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Standard on this forum, don't worry about it nobody does apparently - just shoot your mouth off and get your frustrations off your chest whether it's fair and balanced or not.

That sounds like frustration to me 🤔

What a total clusterfuck. He had the opportunity to replace Armstrong and didn’t take it.

Both Taylor and Forrest were known about on Sunday, and it’s not a surprise that McGinn, and Patterson couldn’t travel, nor that SOD nor Nisbet might be unavailable.

I don’t buy the complications for a second. Anyone know of another country losing 9 players for their first game this week? Anyone?

Why is it not a surprise that O'Donnell or Nisbet would be unavailable given that the former is clearly fit and the latter has been playing regularly for his club leading in to the international break?

Edited by craigkillie

15 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Why is it not a surprise that O'Donnell or Nisbet would be unavailable given that the latter is clearly fit and the former has been playing regularly for his club leading in to the international break?

To be fair O’Donnell’s last game was august 8 - he’s missed the last three due to a “viral infection” (according to Transermarkt, how much store you put in that is up to you!).

I don’t buy the idea that there’s a huge problem calling more bodies up. The squad didn’t meet til Monday. All these players are testing regularly at their clubs - surely the SFA protocols aren’t that much different to the club ones operating under their auspices? Given neither of the right backs played at the weekend, and their likely cover (Forest) also missed out there was surely time to bring someone else in. Is there really no contingency planning/players on standby for just this scenario?

1 minute ago, Jamie_Beatson said:

To be fair O’Donnell’s last game was august 8 - he’s missed the last three due to a “viral infection” (according to Transermarkt, how much store you put in that is up to you!).

Sorry, got my latter and former mixed up there. He was apparently missing with COVID which seems to be part of the issue with getting him to Denmark (it may have delayed his second jag).

I don't disagree with your point, just questioning the previous point about it being so obvious that they were at risk of missing out.

23 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Sorry, got my latter and former mixed up there. He was apparently missing with COVID which seems to be part of the issue with getting him to Denmark (it may have delayed his second jag).

I don't disagree with your point, just questioning the previous point about it being so obvious that they were at risk of missing out.

It was obvious that SOD was a risk, and how the compliance officer in charge of the team didn’t realise Nisbet’s travel was unlikely is just incompetence.

Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Rangers have to undertake identical PCR tests to play in Europe. I don’t buy for a second that there wasn’t at least three right backs we could have called up on Sunday who had been recently tested, and would have likely been tested twice again prior to the Denmark game.

Yes, logistically this was a challenge, but there’s a reason that even in normal times, the SFA writes to the clubs of FORTY players to state they are in contention for a call up.

This situation is the result of arrogance, negligence, or ignorance. It could have been mitigated, but instead we don’t have any cover against the second best left back of EURO 2020. Terrific

Edit: I see SOD has the COVID issue and Nisbet picked up a knock on training. 

Edited by HuttonDressedAsLahm

2 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

What a total clusterfuck. He had the opportunity to replace Armstrong and didn’t take it.

Both Taylor and Forrest were known about on Sunday, and it’s not a surprise that McGinn, and Patterson couldn’t travel, nor that SOD nor Nisbet might be unavailable.

I don’t buy the complications for a second. Anyone know of another country losing 9 players for their first game this week? Anyone?

It's 7 players. It's easy enough to say in hindsight and typical that in a situation where fans could show sympathy they instead prefer to sharpen the knives. It's always the same: a fan gets disappointed and then lashes out looking for someone to blame. Childish basically.

Do people honestly think Steve Clarke and the team at Scotland planned things to unfold this way? If we know that it wasn't by design, then at worst there were errors which in my book are forgivable. 

We will hopefully see Patterson, McGinn, O'Donnell and Nisbet return and Steve Clarke said they are looking to bring in a replacement in the form of a forward. That would take us to 24 players for Moldova and Austria.

Edited by 2426255

I would be surprised if there wasn't some further call ups from the U21s after the Denmark game. We are very light! 

I don’t think that’ll be happening less than 24 hours before the game.

Edit: I’m an idiot and didn’t read your post properly [emoji28]

2 hours ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

It was obvious that SOD was a risk, and how the compliance officer in charge of the team didn’t realise Nisbet’s travel was unlikely is just incompetence.

Celtic, Aberdeen, St Johnstone and Rangers have to undertake identical PCR tests to play in Europe. I don’t buy for a second that there wasn’t at least three right backs we could have called up on Sunday who had been recently tested, and would have likely been tested twice again prior to the Denmark game.

Yes, logistically this was a challenge, but there’s a reason that even in normal times, the SFA writes to the clubs of FORTY players to state they are in contention for a call up.

This situation is the result of arrogance, negligence, or ignorance. It could have been mitigated, but instead we don’t have any cover against the second best left back of EURO 2020. Terrific

Edit: I see SOD has the COVID issue and Nisbet picked up a knock on training. 

Indeed its pretty farcical, anyone of us could come up with a list of replacement players. Especially with the covid situation you would think it would be logical to have an informed stand by list.

Unless he can come out and explain the reasons this hasn't happened. Then its hard to disagree with your "arrogance, negligence, or ignorance" explanation.

28 minutes ago, BingMcCrosby said:

Indeed its pretty farcical, anyone of us could come up with a list of replacement players. Especially with the covid situation you would think it would be logical to have an informed stand by list.

Unless he can come out and explain the reasons this hasn't happened. Then its hard to disagree with your "arrogance, negligence, or ignorance" explanation.

He has a list of replacement players. He chose not to call in replacements and explained his reasoning whether you agree with it or not is fairly well documented. Perhaps the advice from his team saying O'Donnell could travel was in error, but you can't expect Steve Clarke to throw the people he works with under a bus. 

He also added he may call in another forward player for the Moldova and Austria games and we will be back up to potentially 24 players for those two games.

8 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

He has a list of replacement players. He chose not to call in replacements and explained his reasoning whether you agree with it or not is fairly well documented. Perhaps the advice from his team saying O'Donnell could travel was in error, but you can't expect Steve Clarke to throw the people he works with under a bus. 

He also added he may call in another forward player for the Moldova and Austria games and we will be back up to potentially 24 players for those two games.

Oh well that’s fine then.

It’s been clear for days that we’re going to be short at right back for the Denmark game. Not calling in another backup is crazy.

10 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Oh well that’s fine then.

It’s been clear for days that we’re going to be short at right back for the Denmark game. Not calling in another backup is crazy.

It's not been clear for days. We all thought Stephen O'Donnell was good to go until today (remember the photo of him training with the squad?) and we knew we had Ryan Fraser and potentially Kieran Tierney or Andy Robertson as cover. That's what Steve Clarke said yesterday. Why do you find that so hard to understand? It isn't due to illness that O'Donnell can't travel as he isn't ill anymore it's due to an issue around Danish Covid regulations which has only become apparent today.

Lots of countries have been caught out by that kind of thing, remember the Czech Republic had to move their Euro 2020 camp from the Oriam back to the Czech Republic due to Scottish Covid regulations. You could say they didn't do their due diligence and no doubt they got pelters for that.

Edited by 2426255

8 hours ago, accies1874 said:

Jesus, my head's all over the place.

I'm at the stage now where I'm thinking Tierney at RWB is the best option, but IMO that would require Hendry overlapping from RCB or Gallagher channeling his 2018 displays. It would also mean our RWB would be left-footed and their LWB would be right-footed which doesn't really matter but still.

No, no and just fucking no!!!

2 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

It's not been clear for days. We all thought Stephen O'Donnell was good to go until today (remember the photo of him training with the squad?) and we knew we had Ryan Fraser and potentially Kieran Tierney or Andy Robertson as cover. That's what Steve Clarke said yesterday. Why do you find that so hard to understand? You're just not happy with the backups.

O’Donnell hasn’t played in over three weeks.

Robertson and Tierney have never played right wing back - why do you find that so hard to understand?

Fraser has filled in there before but isn’t a natural. He’s also far more effective for us further forward.

Not having a list of replacements to call upon if the worst happens is incredibly short sighted.

Your condescending, contrarian act is fucking shite btw.

Robertson and Tierney have never played right wing back - why do you find that so hard to understand?

I don't I'm just relaying what Steve Clarke said, I left a note of it below for you.

Not having a list of replacements to call upon if the worst happens is incredibly short sighted.

He does have a list of replacements in his head and on his laptop, he chose not to call them up for the reasons detailed below and in the press conference.

9 hours ago, 2426255 said:

Steve Clarke previously explained his logic - I'm not saying he's right, just putting it out there.

image.thumb.png.7d44423e8026d177cbd888e37afc7266.png

Your condescending, contrarian act is fucking shite btw. 

Don't give a f**k what you think mate. 🤫

Edited by 2426255