Denmark v Scotland

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Good point about the Serbia subs - Patterson and McBurnie were so woefully bad when they came on that at least one of them should have been subbed back off again when it went to extra time. 

Even against Israel, we got back into the game and were well on top in the second half but as soon as we equalised began to sit back again and let Israel back into it. 

I forgot about that and it’s another good point, we’re very likely to shut up shop for a draw after getting back into a game, regardless of the circumstances.

It was the same against Austria, we made a defensive sub after both equalisers.

2 hours ago, accies1874 said:

I agree with everything in this post (although I believe Clarke deserves credit for Christie's goal as, as I remember, we won the ball high up as a result of the tactics).

All I'm trying to say is looking at the results doesn't paint the full picture. We can probably say now that McLeish only had one really bad result but it's pretty much accepted that his tenure was a disaster.

Nobody is claiming that McLeish was anything other than laughable in the role.

He was only highlighted at all because it was under Clarke that we got through the Euros play-offs, but not under him that we reached them.

On 02/09/2021 at 09:31, Mr Tourette said:

Looking at it from a glass half full perspective, Denmark have won all 3 of their games against the 2nd 3rd and 4th seeds in the group without conceding a goal. We were never going to get anything from last night

Despite the shambolic 1st half formation and tactics, we only lost 2-0. At least we know he’ll never try that formation again against a team we actually need to beat. Will he?

Aye, the odd thing is that a 2-0 defeat in Copenhagen will likely end up the best result anyone gets in this group.

Doesn't excuse the performance but, on paper, it's not a disaster. It just leaves major worries about the upcoming matches.

He was only highlighted at all because it was under Clarke that we got through the Euros play-offs, but not under him that we reached them.
I'm bored of the McLeish bashing. He did get us to the playoffs, and along the way we produced probably the slickest and un-Scotlandlike win in many years (4-0 away to Albania). Yes, he had 2 notable f**k ups as well in the shape of Kazakhstan and Israel away, but we're still turning in performances like both of those games too easily.

1 hour ago, Gordopolis said:
4 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm bored of the McLeish bashing. He did get us to the playoffs, and along the way we produced probably the slickest and un-Scotlandlike win in many years (4-0 away to Albania). Yes, he had 2 notable f**k ups as well in the shape of Kazakhstan and Israel away, but we're still turning in performances like both of those games too easily.

No we aren’t, we were much, much worse under McLeish. We aren’t playing well right now but under McLeish the players didn’t have a clue where they were meant to be or what they were doing, it was an utter disaster. We aren’t at the point right now and to be honest, if anything we’ve spent time recovering from McLeish’s reign.

Opinions can be wrong.  If I said I thought Lionel Messi was shit, it would be both an opinion and bollocks.
So while you can have the opinion that Robertson is vastly overrated, it's a stupid opinion and provably wrong through evidence of what he's achieved
I still say Robertson is overrated. Your criticism is myopic and shite, so keep banging on.

22 minutes ago, resk said:

Has anyone ever actually said that?!

Sure, I can't quote it but if you listen to Clyde 1 SSB enough you'll hear phrases like that trotted out all the time. Some of the callers last night also made me roll my eyes.

Edited by 2426255

Interesting to witness Denmark’s elevation to footballing super power after this result.
In their last qualifying campaign for Euro 2020 they finished second in their group behind the Swiss. They drew home and away with Ireland, drew with Georgia, drew with Switzerland and then lost two out of three group games at the Euros itself.
They’re a decent side but nothing more, they certainly won’t be winning the World Cup next year. Getting them out of pot one was a huge slice of luck which we haven’t capitalised on at all. Just because they’re much better than us doesn’t mean they’re very good.

20 minutes ago, 2426255 said:

Sure, I can't quote it but if you listen to Clyde 1 SSB enough you'll hear phrases like that trotted out all the time. Some of the callers last night also made me roll my eyes.

Clyde 1 SSB had much bigger problems than fan views of undeniably world class left backs. How anyone can listen to the fan phone ins is beyond me.

6 minutes ago, HuttonDressedAsLahm said:

Clyde 1 SSB had much bigger problems than fan views of undeniably world class left backs. How anyone can listen to the fan phone ins is beyond me.

Well it was interesting as John McGinns brother Stephen was on it so it gave a bit of an insight into the Scotland camp etc.

51 minutes ago, Lex said:

Interesting to witness Denmark’s elevation to footballing super power after this result.
In their last qualifying campaign for Euro 2020 they finished second in their group behind the Swiss. They drew home and away with Ireland, drew with Georgia, drew with Switzerland and then lost two out of three group games at the Euros itself.
They’re a decent side but nothing more, they certainly won’t be winning the World Cup next year. Getting them out of pot one was a huge slice of luck which we haven’t capitalised on at all. Just because they’re much better than us doesn’t mean they’re very good.

Yip, our game the other night even got described in some quarters as a free hit.

Absolutely bonkers.